Chubbychannel

Full Version: Spam Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-27-2016 11:38 AM)neo_ozon Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-26-2016 06:09 AM)Froot-Loup Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-25-2016 05:19 PM)Chaos Wrote: [ -> ]Adult Swim is funding two new seasons of...

Fooly Cooly

[Image: tumblr_nuqenzHncE1uzlmbho1_500.gif]

I expected something stupid like one of their original shows. Fooly Cooly doesn't need another season either, but for a whole different set of reasons.

That still doesn't make any sense to me, especially given how much work went into localizing Space Dandy. I mean you'd think with the amount of hype that show had behind it that Adult Swim would be funding another season of that instead.

I'm not saying that Space Dandy needs another season, but jesus, it seems like Adult Swim is just fucking stupid when it comes to prioritization (Need I remind you that they explicitly cancelled Black Dynamite because it was "too expensive"). There are also rumors that they got rid of Aqua Teen because the head of the company was embarrassed that he even came up with it because he was high as fuck all the time then, same goes for all of the rest of the Gen1 Adult Swim originals

I think the anime funding thing is two sided. Production IG probably cover part of it too and the Japanese market having a say in what keeps going.

(03-27-2016 01:12 PM)Froot-Loup Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-27-2016 09:54 AM)Chaos Wrote: [ -> ]For one, publishing comics could be as easy as I've heard getting books published is, I don't know, and for another, I look at what Marvel calls professionalism and think that maybe they were in that tumbler horde.

IIRC it was for one of the smaller companies, not self-published, the ad I saw was in the back of another comic.

Image?
If so, they have a comic book about some fat dude whose power is his fat so maybe they have someone high up that's one of us headhunting anyone worth a damn.

(03-27-2016 01:12 PM)Froot-Loup Wrote: [ -> ]I've definitely noticed a higher level of quality when it comes to furry art in general. You still get people doing scribbly stick figures, but I don't really see anyone who draws human BBWs aiming to replicate classical art like this kind of stuff:

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/12961160/

And fuck yeah they make bank sometimes, but I think that's more when they do normal non-fetish furry art or branch out into other kinks. There was actually an article on the front page of Cracked today talking about that kind of shit weirdly enough.

And on Batman, I seriously think Ben did a good job, but it's hard to judge exactly. I think the critics are being way too harsh, but it still wasn't a good movie. I don't think the problem is Ben or Cavill, it's obviously Snyder. I don't know why WB thought it was a good idea to put that motherfucker in charge of their DC movies. I don't hate Zack Snyder, I even think he has some good qualities, but he should not have as much creative control as he does.

Everyone knows it's Snyders fault, think even people outside of the internet communities and fans knows it.
DC honestly needs to stop trying to take the movie scene from Marvel and focus on series since Marvels tv series either suck or are stuck on Netflix.
(03-27-2016 01:14 PM)Chaos Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-27-2016 01:12 PM)Froot-Loup Wrote: [ -> ]And on Batman, I seriously think Ben did a good job, but it's hard to judge exactly. I think the critics are being way too harsh, but it still wasn't a good movie. I don't think the problem is Ben or Cavill, it's obviously Snyder. I don't know why WB thought it was a good idea to put that motherfucker in charge of their DC movies. I don't hate Zack Snyder, I even think he has some good qualities, but he should not have as much creative control as he does.

Everyone knows it's Snyders fault, think even people outside of the internet communities and fans knows it.
DC honestly needs to stop trying to take the movie scene from Marvel and focus on series since Marvels tv series either suck or are stuck on Netflix.

The biggest issue I think is DC's continual insistence that it's movie-verse be grim-dark. Like emo kids at 14, it's "cute", but they need to realize that at some point they need to fucking grow out of it

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/26/busine....html?_r=1
Also, parents are pissed that Thomas The Tank Engine isn't "culturally diverse" enough
That's too bad for them! Thomas the Tank engine has always been British-based locomotives on a British-based railway.

If they wanted to be more diverse with such a thing, make spinoffs for each country with their own themed railway and characters, presented in the same style as Thomas. There is no need to put completely out of place engines on the original tracks.
(03-28-2016 01:30 AM)Odin Wrote: [ -> ]That's too bad for them! Thomas the Tank engine has always been British-based locomotives on a British-based railway.

If they wanted to be more diverse with such a thing, make spinoffs for each country with their own themed railway and characters, presented in the same style as Thomas. There is no need to put completely out of place engines on the original tracks.

I posted the article in a facebook group, and the replies, oh dear lord the replies. Most of them are the typical liberal ones telling me to fuck off for not wanting multi-national trains

THEY'RE TRAINS! They have no gender and sure as shit don't have nationalities. Hell, they might even be gay or bi-sexual for all we know
Which is why diversity doesn't actually matter does it. The entire concept of gender only applies as a convenience for storytelling, and from a realism standpoint each railway has its own unique culture driven by the part of the world it was built in.

You just plain don't see the kind of diversity that people are screaming about, because there was no reason at all for it to exist. Locomotives are built to specification for a given railway's needs, and do not get moved to other continents or railway systems other than temporarily in preservation as a special exhibition.
Argh, so my car had trouble starting a couple weeks ago, got it into a shop and they said the spark plugs are bad. They wanted to charge close to $100 to replace them all (labor included I assume) but I changed them on my old car, so I said I got it.

Got around to doing it today, got all the extra crap off and down to the plugs, and my freakin socket doesn't fit down the hole -_- it fits on the plugs, but the hole has a damn ridge that stops the socket I got from going all the way down. So now I get to buy a new socket set JUST for that.

Kinda wish I just had them do it lol, I mean if they knew they were bad that means they had everything off and had them out. Which is so weird they'll charge me if I say go ahead and fix it, but not charge me when I say no and they have to put it all back anyway.
(03-27-2016 09:22 PM)neo_ozon Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-27-2016 01:14 PM)Chaos Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-27-2016 01:12 PM)Froot-Loup Wrote: [ -> ]And on Batman, I seriously think Ben did a good job, but it's hard to judge exactly. I think the critics are being way too harsh, but it still wasn't a good movie. I don't think the problem is Ben or Cavill, it's obviously Snyder. I don't know why WB thought it was a good idea to put that motherfucker in charge of their DC movies. I don't hate Zack Snyder, I even think he has some good qualities, but he should not have as much creative control as he does.

The biggest issue I think is DC's continual insistence that it's movie-verse be grim-dark. Like emo kids at 14, it's "cute", but they need to realize that at some point they need to fucking grow out of it

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/26/busine....html?_r=1
Also, parents are pissed that Thomas The Tank Engine isn't "culturally diverse" enough

I blame Warner Bros.

I was laughing and thinking '"what are they doing, listening to the UK?", then I saw the thing about being British and that explains everything, not to mention "The Guardian" and a New York news site.

(03-28-2016 03:07 AM)Blubberbutt Wrote: [ -> ]Argh, so my car had trouble starting a couple weeks ago, got it into a shop and they said the spark plugs are bad. They wanted to charge close to $100 to replace them all (labor included I assume) but I changed them on my old car, so I said I got it.

Got around to doing it today, got all the extra crap off and down to the plugs, and my freakin socket doesn't fit down the hole -_- it fits on the plugs, but the hole has a damn ridge that stops the socket I got from going all the way down. So now I get to buy a new socket set JUST for that.

Kinda wish I just had them do it lol, I mean if they knew they were bad that means they had everything off and had them out. Which is so weird they'll charge me if I say go ahead and fix it, but not charge me when I say no and they have to put it all back anyway.

Better to do it cheaper and get frustrated than to do it and get ripped off.
Between the new plugs, the new sockets to get the crap off the top of them, and the new sockets I'll have to get now, it'd prolly come out to the same amount lol.

Also is youtube being retarded for anyone else the last few days? Like I get midday is bad for traffic and all online, but NOTHING is loading for me during the day since yesterday or Friday, the whole page loads but then the video doesn't and no amount of refreshing, clearing caches, trying new browsers, whatever will help.
I've been having problems getting it to load too. Something is messed up somewhere that is making it really slow loading.
(03-28-2016 06:39 AM)Blubberbutt Wrote: [ -> ]Between the new plugs, the new sockets to get the crap off the top of them, and the new sockets I'll have to get now, it'd prolly come out to the same amount lol.

Also is youtube being retarded for anyone else the last few days? Like I get midday is bad for traffic and all online, but NOTHING is loading for me during the day since yesterday or Friday, the whole page loads but then the video doesn't and no amount of refreshing, clearing caches, trying new browsers, whatever will help.

Get them plug sizes written down somewhere safe.

http://nichegamer.com/2016/03/27/danganr...me-series/
Reference URL's