Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3.75 Average
Spam Thread
03-26-2016, 06:09 AM
RE: Spam Thread
(03-25-2016 05:19 PM)Chaos Wrote:  Adult Swim is funding two new seasons of...

Fooly Cooly

[Image: tumblr_nuqenzHncE1uzlmbho1_500.gif]

I expected something stupid like one of their original shows. Fooly Cooly doesn't need another season either, but for a whole different set of reasons.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2016, 08:23 PM
Spongebob references in Fire Emblem.

[Image: IPYo1Jk.jpg?2]
03-27-2016, 12:45 AM
Blugh, I just had an annoying thought today.
When I got the net and joined up with the FA "fandom" I was only a few years older than most of the people around, and when I saw someone over 30 on FA/DA I was always "jeez they're that old and still hanging around kids? That's weird..." and then today I went to follow a new artist I came across, and they were only 14, and it hit me that I'M the old weirdo now...

Of course I'm always gonna be a weirdo so whatever, but it's sad that a lot the artists around my age have moved to tumblr/patreon or just vanished, so I don't really have a choice on who to watch on DA/FA xP

My discord server https://discord.gg/kFBEvtyman
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-27-2016, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2016 06:40 AM by Froot-Loup.)
I think most people tend to lose interest and go find a better, or at least more fun way to spend their time. I think once certain artists become proficient enough, they just turn their skills more towards something that's actually beneficial to them, pushing fetish art to become even more of a side hobby or abandoning it altogether. Of course some of them probably just give up art altogether, drawing, writing, whatever just being a thing they do for fun mostly. There's probably some people who get too popular and feel like they have to stick around, but I don't really understand that.
03-27-2016, 07:39 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2016 07:42 AM by Chaos.)
(03-27-2016 12:45 AM)Blubberbutt Wrote:  Blugh, I just had an annoying thought today.
When I got the net and joined up with the FA "fandom" I was only a few years older than most of the people around, and when I saw someone over 30 on FA/DA I was always "jeez they're that old and still hanging around kids? That's weird..." and then today I went to follow a new artist I came across, and they were only 14, and it hit me that I'M the old weirdo now...

Of course I'm always gonna be a weirdo so whatever, but it's sad that a lot the artists around my age have moved to tumblr/patreon or just vanished, so I don't really have a choice on who to watch on DA/FA xP

That's what you get for being into babies first fetish.

(03-27-2016 06:22 AM)Froot-Loup Wrote:  I think most people tend to lose interest and go find a better, or at least more fun way to spend their time.

Not all but most find stable jobs and don't have the time.

(03-27-2016 06:22 AM)Froot-Loup Wrote:  I think once certain artists become proficient enough, they just turn their skills more towards something that's actually beneficial to them, pushing fetish art to become even more of a side hobby or abandoning it altogether.

None of them become professionals.

(03-27-2016 06:22 AM)Froot-Loup Wrote:  There's probably some people who get too popular and feel like they have to stick around, but I don't really understand that.

The reason for no one ever.
They either stick around for the popularity, because they still have fun with the fetish, or they have friends and the free time.

03-27-2016, 07:52 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2016 07:54 AM by Froot-Loup.)
(03-27-2016 07:39 AM)Chaos Wrote:  None of them become professionals.

I agree with most of the other points you bring up, but I disagree with this. I know that some artists have stated they work in animation, and I've seen myself once an advertisment for a published comic book whose style looks way too much like a popular fat fetish artist.

There are also a lot of artists who are pretty skilled, especially when it comes to fat fur art, I wouldn't be surprised if they were working professionally, especially since it pays far better than fetish work.

Also holy shit, poor Ben Affleck.
03-27-2016, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2016 09:36 AM by Blubberbutt.)
(03-27-2016 07:39 AM)Chaos Wrote:  
(03-27-2016 12:45 AM)Blubberbutt Wrote:  Blugh, I just had an annoying thought today.

That's what you get for being into babies first fetish.

[Image: jkEe10d.gif]

(03-27-2016 06:22 AM)Froot-Loup Wrote:  I think most people tend to lose interest and go find a better, or at least more fun way to spend their time. I think once certain artists become proficient enough, they just turn their skills more towards something that's actually beneficial to them, pushing fetish art to become even more of a side hobby or abandoning it altogether. Of course some of them probably just give up art altogether, drawing, writing, whatever just being a thing they do for fun mostly. There's probably some people who get too popular and feel like they have to stick around, but I don't really understand that.

Yeah I feel a lot of them just got too busy or moved on, I see a few of them here and there but they don't do art anymore (eeveeblaze being the one on top of my head, I see her on Tumblr but she is too busy for art), but also I'm just sad about the people that weren't artists and just vanished into thin air, which makes me feel bad for stickin around.

My discord server https://discord.gg/kFBEvtyman
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-27-2016, 09:54 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2016 09:58 AM by Chaos.)
(03-27-2016 07:52 AM)Froot-Loup Wrote:  
(03-27-2016 07:39 AM)Chaos Wrote:  None of them become professionals.

I agree with most of the other points you bring up, but I disagree with this. I know that some artists have stated they work in animation, and I've seen myself once an advertisment for a published comic book whose style looks way too much like a popular fat fetish artist.

There are also a lot of artists who are pretty skilled, especially when it comes to fat fur art, I wouldn't be surprised if they were working professionally, especially since it pays far better than fetish work.

Also holy shit, poor Ben Affleck.

"I work in animation" could be followed any job that's in animation, doesn't mean they contribute to the artistic side of the business.

(03-27-2016 07:52 AM)Froot-Loup Wrote:  I've seen myself once an advertisment for a published comic book whose style looks way too much like a popular fat fetish artist.

For one, publishing comics could be as easy as I've heard getting books published is, I don't know, and for another, I look at what Marvel calls professionalism and think that maybe they were in that tumbler horde.

(03-27-2016 07:52 AM)Froot-Loup Wrote:  There are also a lot of artists who are pretty skilled, especially when it comes to fat fur art, I wouldn't be surprised if they were working professionally, especially since it pays far better than fetish work.

Only in fur shit, most artists in the human fats community are stuck in poses, don't know how to make properly structured comic panels, or just have no idea how to make a normal body.

I doubt comics pay better than being a known name in furry. Maybe in European comics, I'd say Image but I figure the money they make is being diverted into the DC movie universe.

(03-27-2016 07:52 AM)Froot-Loup Wrote:  Also holy shit, poor Ben Affleck.

I know, it was done so well it looked like his inner child died in that moment of realization and made you feel the pain. Makes you wanna hold him in your arms and comfort him even though I haven't heard anything good about his batwork.

03-27-2016, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2016 11:48 AM by neo_ozon.)
(03-26-2016 06:09 AM)Froot-Loup Wrote:  
(03-25-2016 05:19 PM)Chaos Wrote:  Adult Swim is funding two new seasons of...

Fooly Cooly

[Image: tumblr_nuqenzHncE1uzlmbho1_500.gif]

I expected something stupid like one of their original shows. Fooly Cooly doesn't need another season either, but for a whole different set of reasons.

That still doesn't make any sense to me, especially given how much work went into localizing Space Dandy. I mean you'd think with the amount of hype that show had behind it that Adult Swim would be funding another season of that instead.

I'm not saying that Space Dandy needs another season, but jesus, it seems like Adult Swim is just fucking stupid when it comes to prioritization (Need I remind you that they explicitly cancelled Black Dynamite because it was "too expensive"). There are also rumors that they got rid of Aqua Teen because the head of the company was embarrassed that he even came up with it because he was high as fuck all the time then, same goes for all of the rest of the Gen1 Adult Swim originals

~*~*My Blog Of Blissful Perfection*~*~
03-27-2016, 01:12 PM
(03-27-2016 09:33 AM)Blubberbutt Wrote:  Yeah I feel a lot of them just got too busy or moved on, I see a few of them here and there but they don't do art anymore (eeveeblaze being the one on top of my head, I see her on Tumblr but she is too busy for art), but also I'm just sad about the people that weren't artists and just vanished into thin air, which makes me feel bad for stickin around.

I wouldn't say there's any reason to feel bad if you have a good reason for sticking around. Chaos brought up people staying for friends, and I'd say that's the biggest reason I don't just disappear.

(03-27-2016 09:54 AM)Chaos Wrote:  For one, publishing comics could be as easy as I've heard getting books published is, I don't know, and for another, I look at what Marvel calls professionalism and think that maybe they were in that tumbler horde.

IIRC it was for one of the smaller companies, not self-published, the ad I saw was in the back of another comic.

(03-27-2016 09:54 AM)Chaos Wrote:  Only in fur shit, most artists in the human fats community are stuck in poses, don't know how to make properly structured comic panels, or just have no idea how to make a normal body.

I doubt comics pay better than being a known name in furry. Maybe in European comics, I'd say Image but I figure the money they make is being diverted into the DC movie universe.

I've definitely noticed a higher level of quality when it comes to furry art in general. You still get people doing scribbly stick figures, but I don't really see anyone who draws human BBWs aiming to replicate classical art like this kind of stuff:

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/12961160/

And fuck yeah they make bank sometimes, but I think that's more when they do normal non-fetish furry art or branch out into other kinks. There was actually an article on the front page of Cracked today talking about that kind of shit weirdly enough.

And on Batman, I seriously think Ben did a good job, but it's hard to judge exactly. I think the critics are being way too harsh, but it still wasn't a good movie. I don't think the problem is Ben or Cavill, it's obviously Snyder. I don't know why WB thought it was a good idea to put that motherfucker in charge of their DC movies. I don't hate Zack Snyder, I even think he has some good qualities, but he should not have as much creative control as he does.

(03-27-2016 11:38 AM)neo_ozon Wrote:  That still doesn't make any sense to me, especially given how much work went into localizing Space Dandy. I mean you'd think with the amount of hype that show had behind it that Adult Swim would be funding another season of that instead.

I'm not saying that Space Dandy needs another season, but jesus, it seems like Adult Swim is just fucking stupid when it comes to prioritization (Need I remind you that they explicitly cancelled Black Dynamite because it was "too expensive"). There are also rumors that they got rid of Aqua Teen because the head of the company was embarrassed that he even came up with it because he was high as fuck all the time then, same goes for all of the rest of the Gen1 Adult Swim originals

To be completely honest, I haven't really been watching much Adult Swim ever since the end of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I'm picky with anime, and I never cared much for their comedy shows to begin with. Space Dandy was a fun show from what little I've seen of it, but I couldn't get into it.