Chubbychannel

Full Version: Spam Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fuck off Odin. This isn't some good 'ol times family fucking reunion. The new people should get out like most of the good people on here have been doing for a long time now.

I admit, that was harsh, but you need to pull yourself out of yesterday and pay attention to the shit that's going on around you. For some reason you and the other people who were in that chatroom seem baffled about why I left, but for anyone with even a semblance of ethics it should be obvious. I don't know why that's so difficult to understand for most people on here, but I feel like it is the same reason this forum is dying.

That will to disregard other people and the things that they do which comes so easily to you guys for some reason. Usually it's something harmless enough like not paying attention to somebody's writing or art, but it's still something that's contributing to this place's slow and painful death.

I left when this same casual ignorance was applied to something more dangerous. I left because when I took issue with a serious problem, people saw me as the one in the wrong and not the person who said these things.
I'm not sure what video game related shit that's gone on this week is worse
1) Kojima leaving Konami, effectively shit-canning the new Silent Hill
or
2) Steam making paid mods a thing when no one wanted it to be a thing to begin with
Naturally Neo talking about something stupid when srs talk is going on.

I wish I knew what happened Loup, I can kinda gather from what I've seen but I'm not gonna pry into it. But yeah you pretty much hit the nail on the head with why I tend to avoid this place. I only came back because I've been very bored lately.
(04-27-2015 10:39 AM)Blubberbutt Wrote: [ -> ]Naturally Neo talking about something stupid when srs talk is going on.

I wish I knew what happened Loup, I can kinda gather from what I've seen but I'm not gonna pry into it. But yeah you pretty much hit the nail on the head with why I tend to avoid this place. I only came back because I've been very bored lately.

I think it's mostly because of the way people think on here now, and the attitudes eating away at this place.

As for the awful shit from the person I'm talking about, I finally just told the person they were hating on about the kind of things that were said, and they just kind of shrugged it off. I'm glad they think that way though, and it makes me less angry and bitter than I was when I was first making this posts.

CC isn't going to get better though. This place is a forum, and people have largely moved on. But it's more than just that. It's being stuck in a nostalgic golden era that never actually existed. It's wanting those days back when they can never come back. People should be looking towards the future now and not hoping for things to stay the way they were, but a lot of people can't move on. But I should now, so I'm going to just finally stop caring about this place.
Yes. It is impossible to go back to what we used to have here. Very clearly I missed something important, something that would finally explain why half the forum up and left. And seriously, you would let a discussion about something years ago cause you to leave behind people you've talked to for years with no hope of ever coming back and putting aside past disputes? I suddenly feel quite sorry for you, the world will find you lonely indeed if you can't talk over misunderstandings or disagreements.

To that end, since the golden age is never coming back, I guess that means one of the biggest reasons why I should not actively promote the place has also been laid to rest. I've had people tell me that if the place suddenly gets a flood of new people, it will lose its closeness and character- that friendly nature I've hoped people would have towards one another in the years we've been here.
(04-27-2015 03:10 AM)Odin Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see wings on him, just a ragged scarf. Halo and horns though, oh dear we have a double agent.

Yeah, I meant horns.

(04-27-2015 04:22 AM)Blubberbutt Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2015 02:42 AM)Aerial-Rave Wrote: [ -> ]Why angel halo AND devil wings?

Is he going Donte on us Alter?

He's always had that halo. People just forget to draw it constantly. He only has the halo part when he's in "Alterdeus" dress because that's his "scary merc" outfit and... I've gone over this with you at least a couple times already haven't I?

No, you haven't, actually. Last I remember, he was a gluttony demon working for Satan.

(04-27-2015 05:45 AM)Froot-Loup Wrote: [ -> ]I realize I shouldn't expect subtlety from you, but I wasn't trying to be poetic by avoiding using your name.

I'm sure you don't namefag on there unless you're posting your work because you don't care to associate yourself with your ass-backwards opinions. Please delete your post mentioning me and we can maintain some kind of civility, or as much the level we have thus far. It's sure to draw attention as well, so maybe you could even keep what little reputation this failure of a forum has over there from being set back to rock bottom.

I still haven't told people the things you've said to make me leave. I don't know why, maybe in some small corner of my mind I still respect you. I doubt people would care anyways, but you never know.

Dude, just fucking out them. Don't be mysterious with drama, either talk to the person through PMs or make it public so we can solve it as a community. Playing the guessing game and being mysterious only spreads panic and misunderstandings, it's how stupid situations in entertainment pieces get complicated when just talking directly would actually solve the problem.

(04-27-2015 09:03 AM)Odin Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. It'd be best to avoid bringing drama here.

At the same time its good to see you again. We've picked up a few new people recently, but have lost just as many older members. Hard to believe Chubbychannel is in its 5th year of operation, the ghostly shell it is now of what it should have been.

Eh, I like this place now that it has a more personal feel and smaller number but it wouldn't hurt to get more peeps.

(04-27-2015 09:11 AM)Froot-Loup Wrote: [ -> ]Fuck off Odin. This isn't some good 'ol times family fucking reunion. The new people should get out like most of the good people on here have been doing for a long time now.

I admit, that was harsh, but you need to pull yourself out of yesterday and pay attention to the shit that's going on around you. For some reason you and the other people who were in that chatroom seem baffled about why I left, but for anyone with even a semblance of ethics it should be obvious. I don't know why that's so difficult to understand for most people on here, but I feel like it is the same reason this forum is dying.

That will to disregard other people and the things that they do which comes so easily to you guys for some reason. Usually it's something harmless enough like not paying attention to somebody's writing or art, but it's still something that's contributing to this place's slow and painful death.

I left when this same casual ignorance was applied to something more dangerous. I left because when I took issue with a serious problem, people saw me as the one in the wrong and not the person who said these things.
(04-27-2015 10:54 AM)Froot-Loup Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-27-2015 10:39 AM)Blubberbutt Wrote: [ -> ]Naturally Neo talking about something stupid when srs talk is going on.

I think it's mostly because of the way people think on here now, and the attitudes eating away at this place.

As for the awful shit from the person I'm talking about, I finally just told the person they were hating on about the kind of things that were said, and they just kind of shrugged it off. I'm glad they think that way though, and it makes me less angry and bitter than I was when I was first making this posts.

CC isn't going to get better though. This place is a forum, and people have largely moved on. But it's more than just that. It's being stuck in a nostalgic golden era that never actually existed. It's wanting those days back when they can never come back. People should be looking towards the future now and not hoping for things to stay the way they were, but a lot of people can't move on. But I should now, so I'm going to just finally stop caring about this place.

Jesus Christ, you and Chaos. You guys have this talent of pointing out the problem but somehow come up short with solutions. While I do admire you coming back into drawing Loup, neither building a forum, getting more people or the forum dying happens as quickly as you think. People slowly left for a number of reasons and poster attitude is one of them. Thing is, some of us are aggressive internet tough guys but don't actually mean it and that gets lost in the tone-less text of the internet. The second part of that problem is that people (especially me) don't clarify this and keep it as in jokes or 'That's just so and so! AHAHAHAHAHAH'

Like I said earlier, the fact that you are hiding this drama for the sake of this person's privacy, fuck'em. If they create tension in the community, they should be brought to 'trial' because they are effectively poisoning the community with their less than stellar attitude. Worse case scenario, they fucking leave and are salty because of it but they had plenty of chances to be civil and stop this so again, fuck'em and bring this situation to the light and stop hiding secrets.

It's called "livening up the mood". You do realize that this is the Spam thread, not "Clash of the Egos and Titybabies 12: The Final Reckoning" correct?
I know exactly why you left Loup. Come talk to me about it in IRC.
Well damnit.

2 weeks of data lost because Martel ate her hard drive.

But we're back, yet again. Hopefully now that stuff broke it'll behave itself for a while.
I was scared ;.;
Reference URL's