Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anime Thread
06-29-2014, 11:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2014 12:08 AM by neo_ozon.)
Video Anime Thread
Recently I stumbled upon the "Anime Nostalgia" podcast and it sort of reignited my interest in the anime genre, so I though I might make this thread for a general discussion of sorts

Currently I've been watching
  • Lensman: Secret of The Lens
  • King Of Braves: GaoGaiGar
  • Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei
  • Legend Of The Galactic Heroes
  • Exper Zenon

Digital Devil Story was kind of bust though, not nearly as exciting as the synopsis entailed and Jesus fuck, Gaogaigar is AMAZING

~*~*My Blog Of Blissful Perfection*~*~
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2014, 08:13 AM
RE: Anime Thread
Finished watching Sekirei a few days ago.

I need to sit down with Super Sonico and watch it. Supposidly Super Pochaco (The muffin top) is visible quite regularly throughout season 1, but she won't be introduced as a character until Season 2.

Also I rather liked Freezing, even if that was a bit higher rated than my usual. Something about Satellizer's design.

[Image: mabinogi_morrighan_.JPG]
07-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Skipper and I have been watching many series that I either wanted to see again or for which I had curiosity.

So far:
Watamote(only a few episodes)
Blue Seed(1995)
Yokohama Kaidashi Kiko(Quiet Country Cafe)(OVA 1 - 1998)(OVA 2 - 2002)
Dominion Tank Police(OVA -1988)
New Dominion Tank Police(OVA - 1993)
Outlaw Star(1998)
Bubblegum Crisis(1987)

I like them to be short or the standard(28 episodes or under), and now I am going to make a goal of watching every series or feature inspired by Blade Runner. Re-watching Cyberdolls and Armitage III might be next, that or the rest what I call the "Space Cowboy Trio" which consists of Trigun, Outlaw Star, and Cowboy Bebop. I have all of Azumanga Daioh on those newfangled digital video discs. so a re-watch of that will be in the future.
07-05-2014, 03:53 AM
I found out Hulu has all three series of Lupin the Third, so for that alone I resubscribed. I own the first series (green jacket) on DVD, so I've been binge watching series two (red jacket).

[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
07-07-2014, 01:11 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2014 01:11 PM by neo_ozon.)
First ep of Sailor Moon Crystal was very charming and the art direction is really lovely. A lot of the backgrounds have this really wonderful water color look to them that I'm really enjoying

07-09-2014, 01:23 AM
Anyone have links to these? I'd like to see them.

I need to finish NGE. Started at 16...never finished them. It was a different time. Anime was hard to come by.

I am convinced that you stole my wife to make her his priestess.
[Image: TPg6VcL.jpg]
07-15-2014, 11:06 AM
I watched Watamote via online streaming. http://www.animefave.net/watamoteepisode-1/

Quiet Country Cafe is available on YouTube.

As for the rest of them, I torrent-downloaded those so I could watch them without internet access. They seem to be easy to find since they have followings and have become obscure enough that hardly anyone cares about the copyrights.
07-15-2014, 01:46 PM
Just watched the third episode of Ghost in the Shell: Arise.

Its a prequel arc, set before the first Ghost in the Shell movie. Focusing on the then-military Major as she leaves the military to become an independent contractor and assembling her team for special operations.

[Image: mabinogi_morrighan_.JPG]
07-15-2014, 11:18 PM
I'm not much of an anime fan anymore. Only one I've been consistently watching is Attack on Titan. And by "consistently" I mean I forgot to watch like episodes 2-5.

It's been pretty awesome in my opinion. Until like the last two episodes which were incredibly disappointing. Ah well, maybe I should try catching up on Space Dandy.
07-16-2014, 12:25 AM
Been mowing down Yu Yu Hakusho, god damn I forgot how good it was. And Kuwabara is litterally me, I can even do a half decent impression of him