Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3.75 Average
Spam Thread
11-30-2015, 05:01 AM
RE: Spam Thread
Personally, to say Undertale is like Earthbound to me is an insult. You aren't ostracized for killing in EB. In fact, if you level up enough, you can pretty much skip fights and get EXP!

But the comparisons can not be ignored. Also, I just feel the Genocide run vs the Pacifist is a bit heavy handed, what with you being the villain and the monsters did nothing wrong. And this is coming from an Asgore apologist.

[Image: chibi_illaoi_by_huly0w-d9hxwfl.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2015, 07:16 AM
(11-30-2015 03:06 AM)neo_ozon Wrote:  
(11-29-2015 04:01 PM)Blubberbutt Wrote:  I think if it weren't for tumblr I might have given undertale a shot. But even watching the grumps play it, I thought it looked mediocre.

I played some of it. For what it is, it's an interesting concept, but the fact that you're supposed to go out of your way to not kill opponents just doesn't make any sense from a gameplay or RPG standpoint

You should play more survival horror.

(11-30-2015 03:34 AM)neo_ozon Wrote:  
(11-30-2015 03:10 AM)Odin Wrote:  It is different for an RPG to be able to progress without killing anyone, but I don't see how that makes it any less of an RPG. The progression is achieved in other ways.

I thought that it was, overall, a very interest concept especially with the bullet hell aspect for dodging opponents attacks. IDK, there's a lot of new ideas going on in indie games these days, namely games like Gone Home, that I don't agree with but still respect for what they're trying to do

Barely any are new and you don't respect Gone Home, it's a houseventure simulator. It's just watered down graphic adventure game.

(11-30-2015 05:01 AM)Aerial-Rave Wrote:  Personally, to say Undertale is like Earthbound to me is an insult. You aren't ostracized for killing in EB. In fact, if you level up enough, you can pretty much skip fights and get EXP!

But the comparisons can not be ignored. Also, I just feel the Genocide run vs the Pacifist is a bit heavy handed, what with you being the villain and the monsters did nothing wrong. And this is coming from an Asgore apologist.

Dude, same style as a popular sprite game as per indie rules and regulations. If it was just the combat, every other monster/no background game would be up for the comparing.

[Image: IPYo1Jk.jpg?2]
11-30-2015, 07:46 AM
I feel like indie games get a lot of hate, but there's only a handful I like myself. Namely Undertale, Gunpoint, and Sunless Sea (If that even counts?).

Also waaaaay belated Happy Birthday Alter!
11-30-2015, 07:48 AM
[Image: 260ag42.jpg]

[Image: sLYd0e59cbvjpyT_hwaorDQbuWw-vmxonkakabla...6436618081]

Though, I will concede they are similar in sprite appearance, Frisk seems more of the NES Era.

[Image: fyitzc.jpg]

(And yes, I know this is petty)

11-30-2015, 08:12 AM
(11-30-2015 01:30 AM)Blubberbutt Wrote:  It was mostly people on tumblr, and a bunch of them being fat fetishists themselves. They were more mad that a MALE fat furry got in the game, but all the other furry shit in the game was just fine apparently.

[Image: jzYlr2r.png]
(04-17-2014 08:27 AM)Antwancal Wrote:  They were told to get a diversion or a creative hairdo. Why do we include to go to the happy hunting-grounds back and revisit a decade that we with pleasure liberal behind
11-30-2015, 08:12 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lei...sh_regions

I'm gonna have fun with this.

11-30-2015, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2015 08:19 AM by R. Fresco.)
(11-30-2015 08:12 AM)Rakko Wrote:  
(11-30-2015 01:30 AM)Blubberbutt Wrote:  It was mostly people on tumblr, and a bunch of them being fat fetishists themselves. They were more mad that a MALE fat furry got in the game, but all the other furry shit in the game was just fine apparently.

Pretty much. So Sorry was the $10,000 fan troll reward that was donated to the kickstarter.

Are dragon-kin furries now?
11-30-2015, 08:28 AM
(11-30-2015 08:12 AM)Rakko Wrote:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFxVmYXr-s0

https://youtu.be/JpDVeq4t4h0?t=44

11-30-2015, 08:35 AM
(11-30-2015 07:46 AM)Froot-Loup Wrote:  I feel like indie games get a lot of hate, but there's only a handful I like myself. Namely Undertale, Gunpoint, and Sunless Sea (If that even counts?).

I feel too many indie games try for nostalgia/feels instead of actually being good, as I said Undertale I prolly would have gave a shot since they try a little differently, but I really can't bother now. Also thanks man =3

@Rakko: Not sure if that was for or against what I was saying, or even just a random addon, because my brain is mush right now, but Shippo enjoyed the music.

My discord server https://discord.gg/kFBEvtyman
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-30-2015, 10:06 AM
(11-30-2015 08:35 AM)Blubberbutt Wrote:  
(11-30-2015 07:46 AM)Froot-Loup Wrote:  I feel like indie games get a lot of hate, but there's only a handful I like myself. Namely Undertale, Gunpoint, and Sunless Sea (If that even counts?).

I feel too many indie games try for nostalgia/feels instead of actually being good, as I said Undertale I prolly would have gave a shot since they try a little differently, but I really can't bother now. Also thanks man =3

@Rakko: Not sure if that was for or against what I was saying, or even just a random addon, because my brain is mush right now, but Shippo enjoyed the music.

That's actually the problem with a lot of games. They are either sequels or re-skins of previous titles. Then again, one legit criticism of gamers is that we hate new/innovative things.