Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3.75 Average
Spam Thread
02-13-2016, 08:36 AM
RE: Spam Thread
(02-12-2016 07:33 PM)Dope Wrote:  In an interesting turn of events 4chan had actually become a lot tamer than what tumblr and reddit turned into mostly because as bad as 4chan and subsequent other *chans were at times they were always self aware. Hell, as of the last few years tumblr makes 4chan look like a board of downright philanthropists.

Can't really speak for reddit since from what I've seen of it, there doesn't seem to be too much hate, but tumblr does seem like the new place for people to spew vile opinions and death threats at each other anonymously. I was actually talking to an artist about this because I wanted them to check out a newer chan board that would be relevant to what they do and they refused because they seemed to have bought into what a lot of people on tumblr say about those places.

The thing a lot of people don't realize, and has been pointed out here, is not every board on a website as big as 4chan or whatever is the same. /co/ is going to be on the opposite end of the spectrum than /pol/ a lot of times, but even then you'll still have people on both sides posting what they think when it's relevant to the theme. To me people writing off a particular website like that feels like saying you don't want to go to the mall because the guy waiting in line behind you might be a neo nazi. I just don't understand this board loyalty shit. I don't go to a website to support a political agenda, I go there because it's interesting or fun to visit.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2016, 12:23 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2016 12:25 PM by Chaos.)
(02-13-2016 08:36 AM)Froot-Loup Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 07:33 PM)Dope Wrote:  In an interesting turn of events 4chan had actually become a lot tamer than what tumblr and reddit turned into mostly because as bad as 4chan and subsequent other *chans were at times they were always self aware. Hell, as of the last few years tumblr makes 4chan look like a board of downright philanthropists.

Can't really speak for reddit since from what I've seen of it, there doesn't seem to be too much hate, but tumblr does seem like the new place for people to spew vile opinions and death threats at each other anonymously. I was actually talking to an artist about this because I wanted them to check out a newer chan board that would be relevant to what they do and they refused because they seemed to have bought into what a lot of people on tumblr say about those places.

The thing a lot of people don't realize, and has been pointed out here, is not every board on a website as big as 4chan or whatever is the same. /co/ is going to be on the opposite end of the spectrum than /pol/ a lot of times, but even then you'll still have people on both sides posting what they think when it's relevant to the theme. To me people writing off a particular website like that feels like saying you don't want to go to the mall because the guy waiting in line behind you might be a neo nazi. I just don't understand this board loyalty shit. I don't go to a website to support a political agenda, I go there because it's interesting or fun to visit.

Tumbler? Anonymous?

[Image: 9ZgimCG.gif]

Ask half /co/ about Redwood and you won't be able to tell the difference and honestly, just wait til UK, Sweden, and Germany fucks the rest of Europe up the ass and they'll be no different from any /v/. Surprised the rest of Europe haven't all gotten together to slap some sense into them.

Tumbler's the death threat capital of the well known internet because muh soggey knees. Only two things I bother with in that shit hole, short stack guy and gooey dick guy.

You can thank Tumbler for weak shit like this happening to your childhood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUXprMizqIs

[Image: IPYo1Jk.jpg?2]
02-13-2016, 06:48 PM
(02-13-2016 01:47 AM)neo_ozon Wrote:  Also did not expect to come back after an extended absence
There-in lies your mistake. Why the hell would you ever return here? This place is dead. It's not remotely worth calling active when it's just a handful of people talking about jack shit while Ace is consistently a frothing dickbag about things he seems to be under the impression are recent trends. Hell, the only reason I haven't bailed myself is because I know the amount of half-decent people still here hasn't reached zero yet, and I'd feel bad leaving them to the wolves as it were.

I'm a bitch, I'm a bitch
Oh the bitch is back
Stone cold sober as a matter of fact
I can bitch, I can bitch
'Cause I'm better than you
It's the way that I move
The things that I do
02-13-2016, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2016 07:58 PM by Chaos.)
(02-13-2016 06:48 PM)Azencar Wrote:  
(02-13-2016 01:47 AM)neo_ozon Wrote:  Also did not expect to come back after an extended absence
There-in lies your mistake. Why the hell would you ever return here? This place is dead. It's not remotely worth calling active when it's just a handful of people talking about jack shit while Ace is consistently a frothing dickbag about things he seems to be under the impression are recent trends. Hell, the only reason I haven't bailed myself is because I know the amount of half-decent people still here hasn't reached zero yet, and I'd feel bad leaving them to the wolves as it were.

It does a testis good to know you're still so easily bothered by my existence.

[Image: xhKOiAA.jpg]

[Image: IPYo1Jk.jpg?2]
02-13-2016, 08:30 PM
(02-13-2016 06:48 PM)Azencar Wrote:  ...I'd feel bad leaving them to the wolves as it were.

Insinuation that Chaos is a wolf...

Chaos is a confirmed furry

Now post more smug idols
[Image: 1368962729355.jpg]
02-14-2016, 12:26 AM
Whuddup Dope?

Also you guys are exceedingly depressing lately.
02-14-2016, 02:26 AM
(02-13-2016 06:48 PM)Azencar Wrote:  

Define dead.

Because in my mind it is merely dormant, lacking enough regular visitors to return to the liveliness it once knew.

From a technology standpoint, it is nowhere near dead. It still functions quite well and has enough server power behind it to handle a few orders of magnitude more traffic than it currently gets.

But over time the community that once thrived here has faded, becoming little more than the smoldering embers that sometimes flare up over a topic that the few remaining people can contribute to.

Its the aftermath of stagnation, the consequence of failing to attract new members to bring in new perspectives all the time and keep the conversations lively.

I still very much prefer forums over *chans, social networks, or blogging sites. And I probably am not the only one with that thought.

[Image: mabinogi_morrighan_.JPG]
02-14-2016, 02:43 AM
^its why I am still here.

The problem being new communities can't thrive without new blood. And the new gen isn't interested in forums. It's an outdated style that they can't relate to. And we aren't exactly open to younger members just because we are a bunch of salty old dickheads.
02-14-2016, 05:31 AM
(02-13-2016 07:55 PM)Chaos Wrote:  It does a testis good to know you're still so easily bothered by my existence.
Aw, that's cute, you actually believe that. I played with plenty of Barbie dolls as a kid, I'm used to seeing dickless men.

I'm a bitch, I'm a bitch
Oh the bitch is back
Stone cold sober as a matter of fact
I can bitch, I can bitch
'Cause I'm better than you
It's the way that I move
The things that I do
02-14-2016, 06:02 AM
Burn