Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Are You Eating?
06-09-2014, 11:31 PM
RE: What Are You Eating?
All of that sounds awesome but what are crowder peas?

I am convinced that you stole my wife to make her his priestess.
[Image: TPg6VcL.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2014, 08:16 AM
Crowder peas are a type of bean very similar to black eyed peas.
[Image: 2684732770_ba7af8f08d.jpg]
06-10-2014, 11:52 AM
How were they served or how are they usually served?

06-11-2014, 02:59 AM
Crowder peas are usually seasoned with salt and butter with perhaps a piece of smoked ham in the pot for flavor, and served as a side dish. Skipper would have to elaborate on how her mother prepares them since I do not know.
06-13-2014, 01:07 PM
Sounds like the standard southern US bean preparation, throw a smokey ham hock into anything and it's gonna be goooood.

Speaking of the south, last night I tried making some pork neck meat with some northern Alabama BBQ sauce. It is mayo-based and I heard about it on the Food Network yeeeaaars ago but never bothered to look up a recipe. I had everything on-hand so I gave it a go. The recipe called for it to sit in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours prior to use, which made a world of difference. The initial product was too vinegar-y but after sitting it was quite nice. It went so well with the pork. I highly recommend it! Served it with a side of nachos made with Velveeta a friend sent me.

07-05-2014, 04:10 AM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2014 04:10 AM by The Taff.)
I ordered a pizza from a local place while I work here in my home office. Pepperoni and pineapple, or "American" as it was called while I lived in Iceland.

Still can't figure out why it's called that (Americans are sweet and spicy?), but seemed appropriate to eat "American" pizza on the Fourth.

[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
07-09-2014, 01:25 AM
I have never heard of that style of pizza so I have no idea why it is "American", but it does sound good. Here in Korea they put a variety of stuff on pizza, including crisps on crusts and toppings can include corn, mayo, or potatoes (among other things). I like bacon potato mayonnaise pizza.

I just finished a dinner of udon soup and some fried salmon, onion, and mushrooms.

07-16-2014, 10:19 AM
My mom uses a menagerie of spices, including fresh garlic and chopped onion, and smoked turkey neck for flavor.

Tonight's menu consists of thin-sliced pan seared steak in spicy szechuan (?) sauce with onion and bell pepper over rice. Common go-to meal on nights when it is just mom and me eating.
07-17-2014, 07:17 PM
Smoked turkey neck? That sounds pretty awesome!

I have some popsicles in the freezer and I hope they turn out. Someone gave me some ripe avocados and I got tired of using them for the same thing over and over again so I decided to blend some avocado with cherries and raspberries to see if they made good popsicles. Still chilling so I don't know how good they are. I'll post about it when they're ready.

07-18-2014, 03:27 AM
Currently on week two of leftover fried chicken...Thank the gods it is almost gone. The only variety I have had is what chicken to choose based on what person made it. I have nibbled on other things, but I hate to see things go to waste.