Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The CC Book Club
07-26-2014, 11:15 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2014 11:52 PM by neo_ozon.)
The CC Book Club
For lovers of literature, both papered and electronic~

What are you currently reading? How far into said book are you and what are your opinions of it thus far?

I'm currently reading chapter 3 of Tarnsman of Gor by John Norman. First chapter was a bit sluggish to get through, but I'm quite enjoying myself now. The establishment of Gor as a worldly body by Tarl's father has been interesting reading

~*~*My Blog Of Blissful Perfection*~*~
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-31-2014, 09:04 AM
RE: The CC Book Club
Just finished Hunter S. Thompson's classic psychotic drug trip 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas', which needless to say was one of the most insane readings I've ever had the pleasure to view.
07-31-2014, 03:45 PM
Currently reading The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch.

[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
12-26-2014, 04:47 AM
(07-31-2014 09:04 AM)Nexis Wrote:  Just finished Hunter S. Thompson's classic psychotic drug trip 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas', which needless to say was one of the most insane readings I've ever had the pleasure to view.

Oh, I remember the thing! I was looking for translated, searched all over the bookstore, but in vain. Was walking towards the exit when saw a section of books in foreign languages. I thought that if I can't the book in Russian, screw it, I'll read it in English, because I can. Surprisingly, there was one copy in the store.

It was an amazing read, especially the first half (in my opinion). Then I found the translated book. It was terrible, and I could only throw it back on the shelf, without a thought of buying. Then decided to watch the movie. Streaming is the last resort for me, I don't get half the pleasure this way. But searches for a disc weren't successful. And then I found out it was in theatres! A 1998 movie in cinemas in May 2013. That was as weird as opportune. Only in 4 cinemas, but that was enough for me. As a bonus, subbed instead of dubbed.
Honestly, don't remember a book or movie that gave me a crazier and more incredible experience.