Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3.75 Average
Spam Thread
03-14-2016, 10:38 PM
RE: Spam Thread
At least that combination makes sense. I have always thought of Sword Art Online as just being the annoying younger sister of .hack.

http://mrcl-daedalus.deviantart.com/
https://sushigirl.us/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2016, 04:19 AM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2016 04:20 AM by Chaos.)
(03-14-2016 10:38 PM)Marechal des logis Daedalus Wrote:  I have always thought of Sword Art Online as just being the annoying younger sister of .hack.

You will be Drowned, burned, and hanged with the rest of the heretics.

http://nichegamer.com/2016/03/a-multitud...un-claims/

[Image: IPYo1Jk.jpg?2]
03-15-2016, 08:56 AM
Dudebros vs. Weebs
http://nichegamer.com/2016/03/microsoft-...-pc-users/

http://nichegamer.com/2016/03/way-of-the...-march-23/

03-15-2016, 11:13 AM
At least SAO was animated by A-1 and had cute girls

If it didn't have Kirito it would be good, you can't deny this
03-15-2016, 12:41 PM
(03-15-2016 11:13 AM)Dope Wrote:  At least SAO was animated by A-1 and had cute girls

If it didn't have Kirito it would be good, you can't deny this

Never did but at the same time, wouldn't it end up being a yuri harem without Kirito?
[Image: 6WA0fdp.gif]

Someone in Japan needs to just make a Slice of Lifesque adventure series that has a good amount of comedic moments.

03-15-2016, 12:52 PM
I must be old because I didn't see any issues with SAO really. I thought it was an average anime and something interesting to watch.

Same with how everyone was all OPM was the saviour of anime or whatever. I thought it was really good and a fun show, but I don't get the "saviour" thing.

My discord server https://discord.gg/kFBEvtyman
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-15-2016, 01:37 PM
(03-15-2016 12:52 PM)Blubberbutt Wrote:  I must be old because I didn't see any issues with SAO really. I thought it was an average anime and something interesting to watch.

Same with how everyone was all OPM was the saviour of anime or whatever. I thought it was really good and a fun show, but I don't get the "saviour" thing.

I think you mean young.

Anime's been obsessed with moe shit and shonen, aka, waifu shit and Marty Stus.

03-15-2016, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2016 02:39 PM by Dope.)
My issues with SAO was that while it had great production values, a good soundtrack and some quality choreography and animation the story itself was really fucking dumb and any and all character development was absolutely hamstrung by Kirito making every female within a 3 mile radius drop whatever they were doing and pine for his dick just because he existed.

Aside from the incredibly ham fisted and forced drama the first half of both SAO 1&2 is very watchable and well put together and the girls are still pretty high tier. Sinon is 2good.
03-15-2016, 03:07 PM
(03-15-2016 01:37 PM)Chaos Wrote:  
(03-15-2016 12:52 PM)Blubberbutt Wrote:  I must be old because I didn't see any issues with SAO really. I thought it was an average anime and something interesting to watch.

I think you mean young.

Anime's been obsessed with moe shit and shonen, aka, waifu shit and Marty Stus.

That's why I mean old, if it's not drawn like crap and not super retarded, I don't care and just watch it to pass the time. While a lot of that stuff sucks, I can't see putting any effort into complaining about it.

(03-15-2016 02:33 PM)Dope Wrote:  My issues with SAO was that while it had great production values, a good soundtrack and some quality choreography and animation the story itself was really fucking dumb and any and all character development was absolutely hamstrung by Kirito making every female within a 3 mile radius drop whatever they were doing and pine for his dick just because he existed.

Aside from the incredibly ham fisted and forced drama the first half of both SAO 1&2 is very watchable and well put together and the girls are still pretty high tier. Sinon is 2good.

I liked the story up till the bad guy decided to show up early just because, I wasn't enthralled or anything tho. I actually find the girls fawning over him funny, like "yeah this part was totally made for the 13 year olds and they think this is how it works" kind of funny.

I'm just bad with anime in general really, Shippo and I find one to watch at night before bed (we've been doing this since we lived out here, so we've seen a bunch of random ones) and we just watch the whole series till it's over, whether it's good or bad. Like right now we're watching Durarara or w/e and most of the time I'm just like making comparisons of the characters to like tumblr or other internet users more than anything.

My discord server https://discord.gg/kFBEvtyman
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-15-2016, 04:38 PM
I always faulted SAO on pacing issues, resulting in an obviously rushed segment followed by filler.

There's a deeper understanding of the tech behind SAO that is lost on a lot of poeple, but fans of Serial Experiments Lain would probably see it. The whole mind body connection, and the obvious what is real issue presented by SAO's scenario.

ALO arc had even more going for it, since it finally developed the characters some outside the games- but also turns poor Asuna into a cheap plot device instead of the headstrong I don't need to be saved girl she was in the first arc.

GGO arc was interesting, but seemed like it was grasping for content at points and wasn't as easily understood. I kind of lost interest partway through and only barely finished it.

To date I have not yet seen the 4th arc of SAO, because GGO kind of killed it. Sinon was awesome, but that was the only thing the GGO arc really had going for it.

Meanwhile in the not too distant future after SAO, another anime takes place.

Accel World is widely believed to be in the same timeline, probably some 20 or 30 years later. And it takes a different approach to VR, as well as trying to consider how VR would have made its way into everyday life.

[Image: mabinogi_morrighan_.JPG]