No, but I would like to see it.
No, it is a bad idea.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Character Exchange
04-14-2014, 07:00 PM
Character Exchange
Long ago, I was part of a character exchange that died about a year or two after it was created. I thought it might be a fun way to get some inspiration and also some encouragement since people would be giving you fanart of your characters. Does this sound good?

I am convinced that you stole my wife to make her his priestess.
[Image: TPg6VcL.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-15-2014, 08:23 AM
RE: Character Exchange
It is interesting sounding, but do you mind explaining a bit more of what exactly it is?
04-15-2014, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 04-15-2014 01:48 PM by Peppero.)
Sure thing!

The requirements:
-You have at least one original character that is displayed either on a website of yours, an art website (such as deviantart) or we could have a special thread.
-You have at least one reference picture of each character.
-You have a bio for each character. This can be written in text next to the picture, or it can be written on the picture.

Each month, or twice a month if we decide to do it that way, we would create a new theme for that exchange. If you want to participate in the exchange, you sign up by posting in the appropriate thread. Once the thread closes, all the people who signed up will be randomly assigned another artist. They will be sent this message, or we can post it publicly if no one cares about surprises. Once this happens, you have X amount of time to complete a fanart of that person's character(s) using the exchange theme.

Example

This month's theme: Monsters! Draw at least one character as a monster of your choice.

People who signed up for this month: peppero, wolf, neo, chaos, odin, fresco

Character Reference Sites:
Peppero - peppero.com/mycharacters
Wolf - wolf.deviantart.com
Neo - chubbychannel.com/forum/neo_artwork.php
Chaos - photobucket.com/chaos_characters
Odin - odin.deviantart.com
Fresco - frescosarthaven.net/characters

Assignments:
Peppero will draw Fresco's character
Wolf will draw Odin's character
Neo will draw Peppero's character
Chaos will draw Wolf's character
Fresco will draw Chaos' character
Odin will draw Neo's character

Due Date: please submit your art by posting in this thread no later than May 15 at midnight (EST)

From there, I would go to frescosarthaven.net/characters and choose a character or characters I wish to turn into monsters. Maybe he has a character that is a cute little kid so I can draw the character as a zombie, a Frankenstein's monster-style monster. Maybe there's a character with an eye patch, so I could do it like the Cyclophage from Futurama. It's my choice. Once it's finished, I upload it to a photo hosting site of my choice and then I post it in the thread using the IMG tags.
/Example

That's what it would be. No one would be required to sign up permanently, it's a month-by-month basis. Anyone can recommend a theme, too.

04-15-2014, 02:20 PM
Well it sounds like a blast but it seems like something we would need more artists for. Plus they would have to be good sports about it. Lets face it, if you had me and Fatass in this and (insert good artist here), the good artist may feel kinda cheated. So while it is a beautiful concept, we may need to work out the kinks a bit before making it "official".
04-15-2014, 04:16 PM
Everyone would go into this knowing that they might get some super fabulous art and they might get some that's done by a more amateur artist. The fun is the inspiration to draw and receiving a small gift from someone.

04-15-2014, 10:15 PM
(04-15-2014 02:20 PM)Ulfric Blackheart Wrote:  Well it sounds like a blast but it seems like something we would need more artists for. Plus they would have to be good sports about it. Lets face it, if you had me and Fatass in this and (insert good artist here), the good artist may feel kinda cheated. So while it is a beautiful concept, we may need to work out the kinks a bit before making it "official".

Haaaaaaaaaaay =(

My discord server https://discord.gg/kFBEvtyman
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-16-2014, 01:16 AM
I luvs joo, Fatass <3
04-16-2014, 12:04 PM
I'd feel totally happy to get fanart from fatass. I like his drawings.