Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3.75 Average
Spam Thread
12-09-2016, 12:48 PM
RE: Spam Thread
A lot of people do not know this, but honestly I was almost roped into being transsexual. I have nearly always felt uncomfortable being around boys and then men, and there are many times where I can remember wanting to be a woman instead. What I have figured out from talking to men in private is that this is apparently a much more common issue among the millennial generation than one would initially think. I believe this is merely a symptom of a much larger social problem occurring within Western countries combined with the encouragement the internet provides, especially in the last few years with trends in extreme "progressive" ideals.

There was one key factor which prevented me from pursuing it further though. All of it is mental, and if it is mental, that means I control it. If I do not want to be transsexual, I do not have to be one, and I would really rather not. This is more formally called Gender Identity Disorder for a reason, because it causes personal problems just like any other disorder. All of the transsexual people I have ever spoken to were male-to-female, and all of them said they had been through clinical depression and suicidal thoughts, so that really does not sound like a very pleasant way to live if I have a choice. The encouragement really seems misguided when placed into that context.

Besides, transtrenderism is really irritating.

Oh also congratulations to Shippo. Maybe now he will be the bread-winner?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2016, 03:14 PM
(12-09-2016 12:48 PM)Marechal des logis Daedalus Wrote:  Oh also congratulations to Shippo. Maybe now he will be the bread-winner?

He has been since I've been out here really lol, I only cover the groceries and netflix bills mostly, he does all the other things like rent and internet and utilities XD

(12-09-2016 12:48 PM)Marechal des logis Daedalus Wrote:  A lot of people do not know this, but honestly I was almost roped into being transsexual. I have nearly always felt uncomfortable being around boys and then men, and there are many times where I can remember wanting to be a woman instead.

I have the same kinda thing, but I'm just uncomfortable around people in general.
I actually find myself more comfortable around older women than anything else which is really funny.

(12-09-2016 12:48 PM)Marechal des logis Daedalus Wrote:  What I have figured out from talking to men in private is that this is apparently a much more common issue among the millennial generation than one would initially think. I believe this is merely a symptom of a much larger social problem occurring within Western countries combined with the encouragement the internet provides, especially in the last few years with trends in extreme "progressive" ideals.

Besides, transtrenderism is really irritating.

Yeah, when I made my post on tumblr about this whole situation, I was musing if I only felt that way because so many others I know have done it or if it's real. Like people that have known me for awhile know I tend to do what others are doing so I can fit in and all mostly (like most people do I'm sure), and I just wonder if I wasn't around so many people becoming trans if it'd even be a thing with me.
As I said my whole "body dysmorphia" just comes from not being fat enough, as it's nearly the only thing I've ever wanted since I was a child (like really one of my earliest memories is just watching a cartoon with WG and wishing that was me) but since I've had depression for YEARS now and not able to find out why, and the type of body I want leans towards a more womanly shape is the reason I feel it's a possible thing.

I agree and at least I'm not wanting to make up a fake gender lol

(12-09-2016 12:48 PM)Marechal des logis Daedalus Wrote:  There was one key factor which prevented me from pursuing it further though. All of it is mental, and if it is mental, that means I control it. If I do not want to be transsexual, I do not have to be one, and I would really rather not. This is more formally called Gender Identity Disorder for a reason, because it causes personal problems just like any other disorder. All of the transsexual people I have ever spoken to were male-to-female, and all of them said they had been through clinical depression and suicidal thoughts, so that really does not sound like a very pleasant way to live if I have a choice. The encouragement really seems misguided when placed into that context.

My mental game is just messed up, I feel like with the problems I had in school in the past happened in this time period I'd more than likely be called autistic or told I have aspergers, but I was given the ADHD excuse, so that's all I got to go on. So there'd be no way for me to mentally get over it xP
But my depression comes in waves and only rarely do they as far as suicidal thoughts, but in that regards I can mentally get over it because I just think of how shitty it'd be for me to do that to Shippo. When I do have them though, they're mostly over body stuff and I feel like things are wrong in other areas that I can't control.
I've also heard of MtF people that thought doing it would fix their depression but then it just got worse, which is another reason why I'd never transition. If only there were some kind of costume I could just put on and look like how I want I think I'd be happier lol

My discord server https://discord.gg/kFBEvtyman
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2016, 05:21 PM
There is a website called Sex Change Regret that really covers this topic well. Oh and I spent some time in a few small online communities for this sort of thing. One observation I can recall from experience is that some transsexual people are the most pleasant, considerate, and understanding people one could ever meet... while some are the worst trolls on the internet, really the worst. Any conversation with them would inevitably lead to deep attempts at insults. I am not making that up. The experience just made me think, "What's the point of this culture if at the end of the day, everyone still hates each other?"
12-09-2016, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2016 11:44 PM by neo_ozon.)
(12-09-2016 12:48 PM)Marechal des logis Daedalus Wrote:  I have nearly always felt uncomfortable being around boys and then men, and there are many times where I can remember wanting to be a woman instead.
I got teased a lot in school for obvious reasons and I always found women easier to talk to then men (besides, men kind of have a weird relationship with other men if you think about) and I think every man out there has considered becoming a woman at some point or another, I'd kind of be shocked if there was somebody that hadn't. Sexually is just peculiar like that

(12-09-2016 12:48 PM)Marechal des logis Daedalus Wrote:  I believe this is merely a symptom of a much larger social problem occurring within Western countries combined with the encouragement the internet provides, especially in the last few years with trends in extreme "progressive" ideals.
When men are told that they're everything wrong with the world solely because they were born a man, that's obviously going to cause problems

(12-09-2016 05:21 PM)Marechal des logis Daedalus Wrote:  The experience just made me think, "What's the point of this culture if at the end of the day, everyone still hates each other?"
I'd imagine that with communities like that one, it's almost essential to have an unhealthy amount of self-loathing

~*~*My Blog Of Blissful Perfection*~*~
12-10-2016, 11:28 AM
You know how things like world peace and free love were, in pop-culture, considered notions of the 1960s and 1970s associated with hippies? Well what if in 20 years transgenderism is considered a 2010s thing?

This is how people younger than ourselves are treating it anyway, all the gender-identity terms being worn like the latest fashion accessories. Will gender identity become the tie-dye T-shirt of the future?
12-10-2016, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2016 12:48 PM by neo_ozon.)
(12-10-2016 11:28 AM)Marechal des logis Daedalus Wrote:  Will gender identity become the tie-dye T-shirt of the future?
That's kind of how I pegged it from the start Dae

How very cis-gendered and white male of me to think that way~

12-10-2016, 05:10 PM
It's just really hard to tell, what with society being more "enlightened" on things. Maybe it's all a trend (I feel for the under 15 year olds it definitely is), maybe since people can be more "comfortable" about talking about things more people will feel like they really are trans. Who knows.

My discord server https://discord.gg/kFBEvtyman
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-12-2016, 07:21 AM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2016 01:10 PM by Marechal des logis Daedalus.)
[Image: JC_Denton_Snickers.jpg]
12-12-2016, 11:11 AM
Starting to wonder if switching my laptop's OS to Linux Mint was such a good idea for someone who's fairly computer illiterate as I am. Things do run faster though...

12-13-2016, 01:17 PM
I have tried the various flavors of Linux, and they are as fast and smooth as Linus advocates promise... until you have to do anything complicated, like re-purposing that one old piece of external hardware. Then you have to figure out how to run the Windows drivers in an emulator which may or may not be compatible with your flavor of Linux, and if not specifically that, things like that.

I would be using Linux right now if I could get it to install on this machine, but there are a lot of complicated things I would need to do.