Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3.75 Average
Spam Thread
06-01-2016, 02:08 AM
RE: Spam Thread
Have you ever hated what a person represents more than the actual person themselves? Because that's how I feel about a good chunk of feabie

~*~*My Blog Of Blissful Perfection*~*~
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2016, 02:24 PM
(06-01-2016 02:08 AM)neo_ozon Wrote:  Have you ever hated what a person represents more than the actual person themselves? Because that's how I feel about a good chunk of feabie

no
06-02-2016, 02:29 AM
(06-01-2016 02:08 AM)neo_ozon Wrote:  Have you ever hated what a person represents more than the actual person themselves? Because that's how I feel about a good chunk of feabie

What do you mean?

[Image: mabinogi_morrighan_.JPG]
06-02-2016, 01:09 PM
That feel when based Tom "I'm CIA" King is now writing the Batman comics.

[Image: Mv3Kmw7.gif]

Not really, most people who are assholes and following one ideology or another tend to just be assholes regardless from what I've seen.
06-02-2016, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2016 02:39 PM by neo_ozon.)
(06-02-2016 01:09 PM)Froot-Loup Wrote:  That feel when based Tom "I'm CIA" King is now writing the Batman comics.
His work on Vision for Marvel and Omega Men was very highly regarded and I'm glad to see people enjoying his take on Batman, even if I particularly couldn't care less about the character. Rebirth is really shaping up to be something special for two brand revivals that had so much squandered potiential. I'm really not all that biased towards any one company, but I was raised on DC books and want so desperately for them to succeed in the face of Marvel, who can seemingly do no wrong right now. And even if Marvel is currently publishing some decent stuff like Ewing's Ultimates, there's still a massive "quantity over quality" issue

06-03-2016, 05:00 AM
(06-02-2016 01:09 PM)Froot-Loup Wrote:  That feel when based Tom "I'm CIA" King is now writing the Batman comics.

Not really, most people who are assholes and following one ideology or another tend to just be assholes regardless from what I've seen.

(06-02-2016 02:34 PM)neo_ozon Wrote:  Marvel, who can seemingly do no wrong right now. And even if Marvel is currently publishing some decent stuff like Ewing's Ultimates, there's still a massive "quantity over quality" issue
(06-02-2016 02:34 PM)neo_ozon Wrote:  Marvel is currently publishing some decent stuff

[Image: iGJ3fnL.jpg]
[Image: LYGmmZ0.jpg]

[Image: x5tiNSI.gif]

Monkeys and typewriters, jackass, Monkey and typewriters.
Marvel is lost and most fans fully expect it to die when people stop going to their movies. All DC needs to do is stop focusing all their money on making movies and take over the small screen or shoot all their heads and replace them with people who don't want to keep recycling things.

[Image: IPYo1Jk.jpg?2]
06-03-2016, 10:10 PM
I agree! I was pretty fucking outraged that Marvel stooped so low as to make Captain America a Hydra Agent just to steal thunder away from DC's Rebirth

I mean I have adored this character since I was a child and I couldn't give less of a crap what Stan "the man" Lee thinks because he did fuck all during his tenure at the company beyond stealing credit

06-04-2016, 04:14 AM
(06-03-2016 10:10 PM)neo_ozon Wrote:  I agree! I was pretty fucking outraged that Marvel stooped so low as to make Captain America a Hydra Agent just to steal thunder away from DC's Rebirth

I mean I have adored this character since I was a child and I couldn't give less of a crap what Stan "the man" Lee thinks because he did fuck all during his tenure at the company beyond stealing credit

Even /v/ was making jokes about Red Skull being the hero.
At least it seems that Unbeatable Squirrel Girl is dead.

Cannibalism?

[Image: FLygmxx.jpg]

[Image: IPYo1Jk.jpg?2]
06-07-2016, 02:52 PM
(06-04-2016 04:14 AM)Chaos Wrote:  At least it seems that Unbeatable Squirrel Girl is dead.

[Image: E8G93EE.gif]
06-07-2016, 11:38 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2016 11:44 PM by Nemesis.)
(06-03-2016 10:10 PM)neo_ozon Wrote:  I agree! I was pretty fucking outraged that Marvel stooped so low as to make Captain America a Hydra Agent just to steal thunder away from DC's Rebirth

I mean, yeah, it's dumb, but at the same time, I don't get the outrage, exactly. Not the first time this sorta thing's happened, and it's usually just mind control/cosmic cube/etc shenanigans, so it just strikes me as a bit odd people that people are treating it so...controversially? Don't get me wrong, it IS dumb and a plot point that makes 0 sense, but the sheer amount of drama over it just seems a bit...eh to me.

Either way, from what I've seen of the issue, SOME sort of mindfuckery is afoot, so it's probably less "Cap was hydra all along!" and more someone made him THINK he was, since the former has so many issues that it'd never work as a premise.

(06-03-2016 05:00 AM)Chaos Wrote:  Monkeys and typewriters, jackass, Monkey and typewriters.
Marvel is lost and most fans fully expect it to die when people stop going to their movies. All DC needs to do is stop focusing all their money on making movies and take over the small screen or shoot all their heads and replace them with people who don't want to keep recycling things.

Marvel, die? Naaah. I hardly doubt one or two dumb things is going to kill one of the two big comic book companies. :V

What DC needs to do though is get out of this grimdark obsession. BvS probably could have been a decent movie if they weren't obsessed with edginess to the point of messing up characters. But nah, it's all boring, basically monochrome destruction in the movies, if what I've seen is any indication.

Oh, and on the comics end, them retconning Watchmen into the DC universe as the creators of the New 52 universe(Well, Dr.Manhattan is heavily implied to have created the New 52 universe) is really dumb and confusing. Not to mention basically blaming the New 52 on Watchmen(In the issue, it's actually said that 10 years of history removed and stuff was stolen to weaken the heroes and make the world more cynical, which, uh...), doesn't really come off well for DC. Not to say Rebirth is a BAD idea, just the execution...doesn't seem all that great, yeah.

Oh, and I guess I'm not dead. Hi!