Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3.75 Average
Spam Thread
07-27-2014, 09:55 AM
RE: Spam Thread
I knew SyFy was shit-tier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZNcVYqnCFw

But this is the worst fucking idea ever. I hope Terry Gilliam had nothing to do with this... :c
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2014, 09:28 PM
(07-27-2014 09:55 AM)Froot-Loup Wrote:  I knew SyFy was shit-tier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZNcVYqnCFw

But this is the worst fucking idea ever. I hope Terry Gilliam had nothing to do with this... :c

[Image: fuck_fireworks_by_cakebandit-d499s34.gif]
I never asked for this.

That film was perfect. It did not need to be "re-imagined" or "re-interpreted" or "updated for a new generation".

Directors and producers with no ideas of their own need to go back to reading science-fiction novels and short stories for their inspiration. I guess they are too lazy to do that now though.
07-27-2014, 11:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2014 04:58 AM by neo_ozon.)
(07-27-2014 09:28 PM)Marechal des logis Daedalus Wrote:  Directors and producers with no ideas of their own need to go back to reading science-fiction novels and short stories for their inspiration. I guess they are too lazy to do that now though.

I thought that Disney's John Carter was a step in the right direction, shame it did so poorly. I really don't think there's much of a market for pulpy science fiction anymore

Also, came across an assortment of Star Trek TNG novels, bit surprised that there were only 115 of them, minus spin-offs and what have you

~*~*My Blog Of Blissful Perfection*~*~
07-29-2014, 01:20 AM
(07-27-2014 09:28 PM)Marechal des logis Daedalus Wrote:  That film was perfect. It did not need to be "re-imagined" or "re-interpreted" or "updated for a new generation".

Directors and producers with no ideas of their own need to go back to reading science-fiction novels and short stories for their inspiration. I guess they are too lazy to do that now though.

That fucking gif lol.

And yeah, I dunno. If they did it in an interesting way, I'd at least maybe give it a chance, but this looks boring and basic as fuck.

There's absolutely no style and it doesn't look like there's anything unique to it, which makes it look even worse when it's compared to something by someone like Terry Gilliam.

(07-27-2014 11:01 PM)neo_ozon Wrote:  I thought that Disney's John Carter was a step in the right direction, shame it did so poorly. I really don't think there's much of a market for pulpy science fiction anymore

Also, came across an assortment of Star Trek TNG novels, bit surprised that there were only 115 of them, minus spin-offs and what have you

I'm still surprised there hasn't really been a good adaptation of Lovecraft's shit. I was really hyped for Guillermo Del Toro's At the Mountains of Madness, but it sadly seems like a pipe dream now, which sucks because he really wants to make that freaking movie.

Also I'm surprised there's that many actually. Usually I don't see too many novel spinoffs for anything, the biggest probably being the Star Wars EU of course, but besides that when I think of novel tie-ins I think of like DnD and Warhammer.
07-29-2014, 08:36 PM
So I'm reading Ghost Ship, the first Star Trek TNG novel, and it has a hilariously awkward version of Riker in it with the absolutely golden line of "Birds. Everything's Birds All Of The Sudden."

07-30-2014, 07:02 AM
Random image of the day:
[Image: morpheus_chair_arguing_on_the_internet.jpg]
07-30-2014, 09:10 AM
I'm wearing this to Guardians thursday night:

[Image: Groot_Loops_-_Shirt_1024x1024.jpg?v=1399316771]

[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
07-30-2014, 10:15 AM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2014 11:57 AM by neo_ozon.)
While I like cereal spoof shirts, there's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY too many of them these days

They're almost becoming as bad as video game tees with horrible puns

07-30-2014, 10:30 AM
(07-30-2014 09:10 AM)The Taff Wrote:  I'm wearing this to Guardians thursday night:

Hah! Fucking love the design, now I'm tempted to buy one myself.
07-31-2014, 02:06 AM
NEW HOWARD THE DUCK MOVIE FUCKERS!!!
[Image: 1406734346108_zps1d1f678a.png]