Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[split] Quality vs Quanity - the state of expansion art
03-31-2015, 05:22 AM
RE: [split] Quality vs Quanity - the state of expansion art
I actually made a post on my Tumblr as to why I think art packs in their current state are shit. It seemed like a good idea but like you said Rakko, the prices don't match the quantity of the pics and I even made a reference to how DC and Marvel sell their comics for like 7 bucks an issue. Of course, I was met with some denial and excuses and even the fact that apparently artists who do art packs and Paetron won't be effected by the commissions they haven't done previously. (Basically, with the art packs and paetron, commission time won't be hindered which is bollocks considering artists have a tendency to not even finish personal projects and expect people to pay them to finish their personal shit.)

And no, all communities have their issues and just because the furry community doesn't have the art pack issue doesn't mean it is flawless. I swear, this furries vs human fat debate is as stupid as consoles wars. I always thought it was just light hazing in the name of some laughs but it seems people take this to heart...

And no, the internet hasn't always been 'toxic' but your mention of no consequences is sounds. People do talk more shit behind a computer screen and feel more power because of it. But at the same time, the internet is generally a place of no rules so you can have someone give you 100 bucks for no God damn reason or send you literal dog shit on your doorstep, it's a gamble. Most of the people that complain that their are being treated unfairly are just spoiled brats who can't use their advantages over the net thanks to the anonymity of the net.

Again, simply put, my main argument for the WG community is to stop treating art and each other like Gods/Celebrities we need to jump through hoops to talk to. Commissions need to be handled more professionally and with more communication between both parties as both have their faults when it comes to transactions and conveying what the customer wants. However, for some reason there is this social wall everyone must climb to even get some decency their way.

[Image: chibi_illaoi_by_huly0w-d9hxwfl.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] Quality vs Quanity - the state of expansion art - Aerial-Rave - 03-31-2015 05:22 AM
RE: Spam Thread - Chaos - 03-28-2015, 11:14 AM
RE: Spam Thread - Aerial-Rave - 03-28-2015, 01:05 PM
RE: Spam Thread - Chaos - 03-28-2015, 03:15 PM
RE: Spam Thread - Aerial-Rave - 03-28-2015, 09:24 PM
RE: Spam Thread - Chaos - 03-29-2015, 04:05 AM
RE: Spam Thread - Aerial-Rave - 03-29-2015, 05:33 AM
RE: Spam Thread - Odin - 03-29-2015, 08:42 AM
RE: Spam Thread - neo_ozon - 03-29-2015, 08:52 AM
RE: Spam Thread - Chaos - 03-29-2015, 06:57 PM
RE: Spam Thread - Aerial-Rave - 03-29-2015, 10:46 PM