Chubbychannel
Spam Thread - Printable Version

+- Chubbychannel (http://www.chubbychannel.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Home (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: The Couch (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Spam Thread (/thread-2.html)

RE: Spam Thread - Dope - 02-12-2016 07:33 PM

(02-12-2016 12:07 PM)Azencar Wrote:  Because Japan's message board 2Channel, or 2Chan for short, was super popular, so some ass-hat tried to make an English version called 4Chan and ended up creating the internet's anus. Then other people were like "hey, we share similar interests, let's make our own message board in the style of 4Chan, but keep it from being shit." All of them have failed that last part.
In an interesting turn of events 4chan had actually become a lot tamer than what tumblr and reddit turned into mostly because as bad as 4chan and subsequent other *chans were at times they were always self aware. Hell, as of the last few years tumblr makes 4chan look like a board of downright philanthropists.

Also:
[Image: 86d.jpg]

RE: Spam Thread - Chaos - 02-13-2016 01:40 AM

(02-12-2016 07:33 PM)Dope Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 12:07 PM)Azencar Wrote:  Because Japan's message board 2Channel, or 2Chan for short, was super popular, so some ass-hat tried to make an English version called 4Chan and ended up creating the internet's anus. Then other people were like "hey, we share similar interests, let's make our own message board in the style of 4Chan, but keep it from being shit." All of them have failed that last part.
In an interesting turn of events 4chan had actually become a lot tamer than what tumblr and reddit turned into mostly because as bad as 4chan and subsequent other *chans were at times they were always self aware. Hell, as of the last few years tumblr makes 4chan look like a board of downright philanthropists.

Also:
[Image: 86d.jpg]

[Image: cQXNWjk.png]

RE: Spam Thread - neo_ozon - 02-13-2016 01:47 AM

The only inherently "bad" things about 4chan are /b/, /pol/, and /v/, which everyone who's never actually used the site automatically thinks the rest of the boards are like

Also did not expect to come back after an extended absence to find a lengthy discussion about chan boards

RE: Spam Thread - Chaos - 02-13-2016 02:30 AM

(02-13-2016 01:47 AM)neo_ozon Wrote:  

The only inherently "bad" things about 4chan are /b/, /pol/, and /v/, which everyone who's never actually used the site automatically thinks the rest of the boards are like

Also did not expect to come back after an extended absence to find a lengthy discussion about chan boards

I feel that the Steven Universe and Homestruck boards are inherently far worse creatures.

RE: Spam Thread - kawaiiChiimera - 02-13-2016 03:31 AM

(02-13-2016 02:30 AM)Chaos Wrote:  

I feel that the Steven Universe and Homestruck boards are inherently far worse creatures.
I find this place weirder than any homestuck board I've been on

RE: Spam Thread - Chaos - 02-13-2016 03:51 AM

(02-13-2016 03:31 AM)kawaiiChiimera Wrote:  
(02-13-2016 02:30 AM)Chaos Wrote:  

I find this place weirder than any homestuck board I've been on

Weird =/= Bad

RE: Spam Thread - Odin - 02-13-2016 04:11 AM

I remember /a/ and /v/ getting pretty touchy at times, while /b/ I always thought of as a cesspool of the worst salt and toxicity possible for a community to have.

Amusingly enough, even though I would probably have done okay on /pol/ I don't recall ever going there myself.

But now those days are gone, because all of the things we used to know and love are disappearing in the names of profitability and political correctness.

RE: Spam Thread - Chaos - 02-13-2016 04:40 AM

(02-13-2016 04:11 AM)Odin Wrote:  I remember /a/ and /v/ getting pretty touchy at times, while /b/ I always thought of as a cesspool of the worst salt and toxicity possible for a community to have.

Amusingly enough, even though I would probably have done okay on /pol/ I don't recall ever going there myself.

But now those days are gone, because all of the things we used to know and love are disappearing in the names of profitability and political correctness.

Has Odin seen Leftypol?

RE: Spam Thread - Dope - 02-13-2016 06:22 AM

Having been both here and animexpansion since their respective inceptions as well as having wasted my life on 4chan since 2004 I can say neither are comparable. And honestly, the only reason anyone would consider /pol/ bad is someone who has never really been there. Despite your regular shitposting ideas there need to stand on their own merit. And I'm still wondering why people think /b/ is the absolute worst place on the Internet, it's so full of normies that at its absolute worst nowadays it's just unmoderated Facebook.

Same with /v/, there are so many cross site kids that the only difference between posting there as opposed to reddit or neogaf is the ability to say racial slurs (before SJW type mods say otherwise)

RE: Spam Thread - Chaos - 02-13-2016 07:04 AM

(02-13-2016 06:22 AM)Dope Wrote:  Having been both here and animexpansion since their respective inceptions as well as having wasted my life on 4chan since 2004 I can say neither are comparable. And honestly, the only reason anyone would consider /pol/ bad is someone who has never really been there. Despite your regular shitposting ideas there need to stand on their own merit. And I'm still wondering why people think /b/ is the absolute worst place on the Internet, it's so full of normies that at its absolute worst nowadays it's just unmoderated Facebook.

Same with /v/, there are so many cross site kids that the only difference between posting there as opposed to reddit or neogaf is the ability to say racial slurs (before SJW type mods say otherwise)

Are you talking about half chan /v/ or badmouthing infinity chan /v/?

http://nichegamer.com/2016/02/un-challenging-japans-treatment-of-women-suggests-ban-of-erotic-japanese-games/