Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Woah! We need some RPs in here!
07-19-2014, 06:56 AM
Woah! We need some RPs in here!
Nobody likes an empty room after all.

Lets see if Chubbychannel can put together some fun RPs after all.

Just remember, be respectful of other players. Things tend to work best when you aren't godly powerful and everyone has to work together to complete a quest or save a princess and then feed her cake.

[Image: mabinogi_morrighan_.JPG]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2014, 10:16 AM
RE: Woah! We need some RPs in here!
Yeah. I've been meaning to try something here again, but with how popular the rp ircs have been, not sure if a forum thing would catch on.
07-19-2014, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2014 11:18 AM by neo_ozon.)
I've been thinking about one called "Cults Of Writhe". Basically in 1987, the Soviet Union and America devastated one another with nukes, turning pretty much everyone who survived (with the exception of those who hide themselves away in fallout shelters, aka. "Fringes") into a Werewolf (Howler), Vampire (Guano), Fishman (Seadredge), or something akin to a Frankenstein monster (Jolthead).

16 years later, the radiation begins to spread towards what was left of Europe and most of the lower part of Asia. These two regions have formed S.I.E.G.E (Sovernity In Elizabeth's Great Excellence) and The Mantis Federation who have since fled Earth in favor of space so that they can freely observe the carnage as spectators. They do occasionally send down some of their fleet to do recon work and settle disputes. But they see Earth as a lost cause and really have no interest in making things better through their advanced technologies.

If anyone would like to help me flesh it out, please do~

Alignments-

S.I.E.G.E Royal Guard: Lawful Evil
Mantis Fleet Grunt: Neutral Evil
*both S.I.E.G.E. and Mantis are Blood Enemies*

Fringe: Neutral Good

Howler: Lawful Good
Guano: Chaotic Evil
*both Howler & Guano are Blood Enemies*

Seadredge: True Neutral
Jolthead: Chaotic Good
*Seadredge and Jolthead are distrusting rivals, but not to the point of a blood feud*

~*~*My Blog Of Blissful Perfection*~*~
07-19-2014, 11:27 AM
(07-19-2014 10:57 AM)neo_ozon Wrote:  I've been thinking about one called "Cults Of Writhe". Basically in 1987, the Soviet Union and America devastated one another with nukes, turning pretty much everyone who survived (with the exception of those who hide themselves away in fallout shelters, aka. "Fringes") into a Werewolf (Howler), Vampire (Guano), Fishman (Seadredge), or something akin to a Frankenstein monster (Jolthead).

16 years later, the radiation begins to spread towards what was left of Europe and most of the lower part of Asia. These two regions have formed S.I.E.G.E (Sovernity In Elizabeth's Great Excellence) and The Mantis Federation who have since fled Earth in favor of space so that they can freely observe the carnage as spectators. They do occasionally send down some of their fleet to do recon work and settle disputes. But they see Earth as a lost cause and really have no interest in making things better through their advanced technologies.

If anyone would like to help me flesh it out, please do~

Alignments-

S.I.E.G.E Royal Guard: Lawful Evil
Mantis Fleet Grunt: Neutral Evil
*both S.I.E.G.E. and Mantis are Blood Enemies*

Fringe: Neutral Good

Howler: Lawful Good
Guano: Chaotic Evil
*both Howler & Guano are Blood Enemies*

Seadredge: True Neutral
Jolthead: Chaotic Good
*Seadredge and Jolthead are distrusting rivals, but not to the point of a blood feud*

Interesting. Not sure on the idea of tying alignment to race(seems to limit character ideas a bit), but seems like an interesting concept.

We at the CC rp irc(s) have been musing on a space-themed rp, but no clue on how that'd work yet.

St.Augustine is still going well there, too, although with how long it's been an ircrp(Over a year!), it'll probably stay that way.
07-19-2014, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2014 11:39 AM by neo_ozon.)
(07-19-2014 11:27 AM)Nemesis Wrote:  Interesting. Not sure on the idea of tying alignment to race(seems to limit character ideas a bit), but seems like an interesting concept.

I was mostly just mapping out broad, general ideas since the concept for it hit me once I saw this thread. I have no previous experience in RPin', so it's probably reflective.

I might also start working on a story adaptation to help pad some of it out and give people ideas about what they want to do with their characters

07-19-2014, 11:47 AM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2014 11:52 AM by Odin.)
St Augustine IRC RP is closer to 2 years old already, I would have to dig way back into my log archives to find out when we started it. But I know it began when I still lived on the farm, and I have lived in my own apartment for a year and a half now.

But there has been talk of doing a space-themed RP that could be done on the forum instead, and we could easily do other types too.

[Image: mabinogi_morrighan_.JPG]
07-19-2014, 11:58 AM
(07-19-2014 11:39 AM)neo_ozon Wrote:  
(07-19-2014 11:27 AM)Nemesis Wrote:  Interesting. Not sure on the idea of tying alignment to race(seems to limit character ideas a bit), but seems like an interesting concept.

I was mostly just mapping out broad, general ideas since the concept for it hit me once I saw this thread. I have no previous experience in RPin', so it's probably reflective.

I might also start working on a story adaptation to help pad some of it out and give people ideas about what they want to do with their characters

Fair enough. I just wouldn't lock race/alignment that much. General guideline? Sure, but an actual rule would be a bit much. x3

Yeah, I'm getting the vibe you've done like, campaigns before(DnD and the like), but not actual rping. It's all good, though. :3

(07-19-2014 11:47 AM)Odin Wrote:  St Augustine IRC RP is closer to 2 years old already, I would have to dig way back into my log archives to find out when we started it. But I know it began when I still lived on the farm, and I have lived in my own apartment for a year and a half now.

But there has been talk of doing a space-themed RP that could be done on the forum instead, and we could easily do other types too.

2 years? Really? Damn. Time flies when there's magical catgirls and fairies. x3
07-19-2014, 12:05 PM
(07-19-2014 11:39 AM)neo_ozon Wrote:  Yeah, I'm getting the vibe you've done like, campaigns before(DnD and the like), but not actual rping. It's all good, though. :3

lol, I haven't even played Table Top RPGs before either. But I'm glad I come off like I do

07-19-2014, 12:08 PM
(07-19-2014 12:05 PM)neo_ozon Wrote:  
(07-19-2014 11:39 AM)neo_ozon Wrote:  Yeah, I'm getting the vibe you've done like, campaigns before(DnD and the like), but not actual rping. It's all good, though. :3

lol, I haven't even played Table Top RPGs before either. But I'm glad I come off like I do

Ah, the whole alignment thing seemed like a Tabletop thing. Tongue

That, and the whole idea sorta read like a premise for a tabletop game, heh.
07-19-2014, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2014 12:40 PM by The Taff.)
Well, if anyone needs a savvy criminal in their RP, send me a message. That's my favorite part to play.

Taff's always in it for the phat lewts.

[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]