Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pyknic Arms
03-28-2015, 01:32 PM
RE: Pyknic Arms
Aided by a decorative carriage to haul them all to the farming district, the girls arrived in the district Aileron, best known for its large farms that fed the entire kingdom. Ireyla's orders were for the girls to quell a so called rebellion that seemingly had the farmers horde some of the food they harvested. From the looks of things, the people seemed happy and contempt with their way of life, not even batting an eyes at the party when they dismounted in the midst of the rural community.

“This is...a nice change of pace.” Weaver exhaled.

“Don't be too sure...they may just be scoping us out.” Zoe warned. “Let's find that knight and see what exactly is going on.”

“She is probably at the city hall building with the Mayor. No doubt those two have their hands full keeping the piece.” Weaver concluded. “Let's ask around and see where it is, shall we?”

After consulting with a few patrons, the trio quickly discovered the social taboo within Aileron's territory. Often times, they were met with sneers or brushed off when asking something related to the Witch Queen or the supposed knight in the area. Eventually, they were told where the Mayor was but not before Fast's patience began to wane.

“What is with these people!? Sure, the Witch Queen isn't the best but she IS providing protection!” The tan knight vented.

“Much like you, I doubt these people like much authority looming over them.” Zoe said. “That being said, you two can go see the mayor, I'll scout around and see what's really going on.”

“Y-You sure? Maybe it will be better if we stick together.” Weaver proposed, twisting one of her curly blue locks. “I mean, we did just tell some citizens our affiliation and it doesn't appear they like Kruszevya...”

“No one does!” Fast snapped. “But it would be best to not be out in the open so much. Go on Zoe, Weaver and I will talk to the mayor.”

“Just don't screw it up, okay guys? I think Weaver should talk, less you both want to end up in prison again.”

“Very funny, now get going!” Fast barked while the ginger archer giggled and separated from the group.

Fast and Weaver made haste to the mayor's office where they came face to face with a fair skinned gentlemen. He had lithe build, short white hair and his chest was exposed as he wore an open rainbow colored robe with brown sandals along with a set of large prayer beads around his neck.

“Greetings, travelers!” He said with open arms, soon wrapping them around Weaver. “My, my. When the villagers said a few fair maidens had joined us, I didn't expect ones of such, splendor~”

“Oh...thank you....” The electric blue haired mage blushed.

Fast was, less than impressed as she caught the fat comment. “Not really chubby by choice, sir...”

“Oh? Then is there a deeper meaning?”

“Yes but I rather not say. But what I can say, is that we are from Krus, sent here by the Witch Queen to investigate a rising rebellion. From what Queen Ireyla told us, you guys have been holding out and she sent a knight here to see about it. She's worried they haven't returned.”

“I see. And do either of you have any proof or evidence that make any of these claims true? You do know we USED to be an independent land made up of farmers until that woman came in and took over.”

“Yes, we know Queen Ireyla has been on an aggressive campaign but we can consult her.” Weaver promised. “Just please, tell us where the knight is so we can get her side and report back.”

“There is no knight.” The mayor proclaimed.

“Really!? But then why did she send us here?”

“To be the knights and ransack the place...” Fast concluded. “The Witch Queen wanted us to use our powers to strike fear into these people...but we're not going to do that.”

“Right. We are more ambassadors, not thugs. We are going to have a stern talking to with Ireyla when we get back.”

“A wise decision, girls.” The white haired man bowed. “Oh, how rude of me. All this talk of politics and you never even learned my name. Lester Gardner.”

Fast snickered at the potential pun, prompting Weaver to nudge her shoulder. “Pleasure to meet you Mr. Gardner. I am-”

“Weaver and Fast.” Both girls gasped at the rainbow robe man's quickness.

“How did you-!?”

“Word spreads like wildfire here, my dear Fast. As farmers, we use communication to past the time. In fact during this entire conversation, I'm pretty sure the town knows of you two and your archer companion.”

Fast glared at Lester, but Weaver intervened, turning the swordswoman away. “Well, in any case it has been nice knowing you, Mayor Gardener. We will find Zoe and just be on our way to talk to the Queen.”

“I bid you all safe travels, then.” Lester waved as the girl departed. The white haired man then sighed, dropping his friendly demeanor. “Those girls are going to be more trouble than they are worth...follow them and make sure you get the gauntlet from the knight and the archer.” Lester referred to someone hidden within the room.

“Heh, and here I thought I was the elephant in the room.” The unseen person smirked. “In any case, I'll make sure those three don't set foot out of town, just like the knight.”

“Be on your guard, Morinth. The knight was no easy task to hide and I doubt those three are as slow.”

Zoe stuck to the back corners and alleyways of the farm district. She quickly picked up that this was a town of gossip and loose lips. While the others were being tricked by the mayor, she figured she would do her own investigation. The Sun began to set, which meant work in the fields was about to end. Next, she saw a parade of farmers appear from over the horizon. No doubt the workers, smeared in dirt, she blended among them after dirtying her own garments and hiding her Pyknic gauntlets within her cloak. Unveiling herself with her hood, Zoe's face was soot covered and hard faced like the rest as most crowded a local tavern.

No stranger to pubs and bars, Zoe infiltrated with no suspicion and sat down among a small group of farmers. “Evening gentlemen.”

“Nice try archer, we know who you are...” One of the more burly patrons spoke and took a sip of ale. “You're workin' fer dat bitch Queen, you and two of your not-so-little friends.”

“Then I guess you know why I'm here...”

“You want to know about da knight, don'tcha?”

“Look, I don't want any trouble. The Queen just wanted us to get her back.”

“Is that so?”

“Promise. As an act of good faith, here.” Zoe then placed her bow on the table, still keeping her gauntlet hidden. “What's an archer without a bow...or arrows for that matter?”

The men bent back to look around, seeing that indeed that was Zoe's only weapon. “What's your angle, kid?”

“Much like you, the Bitch Queen has me under her thumb. My friends and I just want to do a job and be free.”

“Tch, you do realize she will squeeze every essence out of you so she can do less work?”

“Even so, at least I'm not trying to die by the end of a pitchfork...”

One of the farmers took one last gulp as he and the rest, along with Zoe left the bar. She followed them to a rather unkempt piece of land where the grass was browning and dead with dry dirt patches spread across the field.

“What's all this?”

“The land...dying.” The lead cultivator said with a stern look. “That woman is demanding more and more food, forcing us to break our rotation of farmland. With the increase, it is over taxing the land and killing it off. The mayor can use his magic beads to restore it but we wanted to use this as evidence, should her subordinates like you, come here and assume we're holding out.”

“That is terrible but...where's the knight?”

“Over there.” The farmer pointed to a lone tree with a large figure embedded inside.

“What the hell!?”

“Relax, she's fine. The mayor infused her with the tree since none of our holds could well...hold her.”

“P-Protect...the innocent....crush...crush the wicked...” The knight panted, a majority of her body one with the thick arbor save her a dangling leg, her right arm and head. With a Sun beaten tan, clad in ornate armor of silver with red accents, her matching helm masking her features save for the dirty blonde that graced her shoulders. Zoe was awestruck at the sheer magnitude of her stature. Seven and a half feet with a width of at least three people, and a girth assumed to be well over 700 pounds.

“...is she okay?”

“Can't say fer sure. She's been chanting that same damn thing ever since she was put there. We placed her here as a reminder of what the Queen is doing to our land.”

“A bit cruel, don't you think?”

“She attacked us, first. She's one of those loyal types that take orders without considering other factors.”

“Fair enough...seems she and I have nothing in common.” The red headed archer beamed and flashed a knife from her sleeve. She stuck the lead farmer in the hip and then rushed the worker who was carrying her bow. As two more farmers attacked, Zoe activated her Pyknic Arm and fired two energy arrows, knocking them out. “I always consider the factors when taking orders...the rare chance I do.”

“You...you wench!” The lead farmer cursed, writhing on the floor. “Y-You think you're so clever! You know how tight knit this town is, huh!? You think your little rescue is going to get far!?”

“Considering I didn't kill any of you, yes. Now, tell me how to get her out of this tree.”

“Bite me!”

“Right, I should have asked before stabbing you...Shit, now what?” Zoe then snapped her fingers, arriving at a quick answer. “Say, Weaver knows magic junk, I'll just get her here...that is, if Fast hasn't gotten them arrested...or worse.”

The moment Zoe darted off, a whistle echoed through the night sky. She paused since she realized it came from the farmer she downed. It was a signal, one that ratted the trio out as loyalist to the Witch Queen. Her urgency to find her friends then became all the more dire when swarms of armed farmers started to flood the streets.

[Image: chibi_illaoi_by_huly0w-d9hxwfl.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 04-29-2014, 10:49 PM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 04-29-2014, 11:42 PM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 04-30-2014, 12:46 AM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 04-30-2014, 11:53 PM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 07-06-2014, 10:54 AM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 12-06-2014, 12:09 PM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 03-28-2015 01:32 PM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 03-31-2015, 10:47 PM