Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pyknic Arms
04-29-2014, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2014 12:36 AM by Aerial-Rave.)
RE: Pyknic Arms
The result of that fight within the dark dimension marked a new advancement in mankind. Not long after the incident, many more strange objects fell from the sky and into people's laps. Swords made of not steal but pure light, armor that could shrug off even the larges of explosions and acid as well as appliances that made food plentiful and filling.

For a time, the world went through an individual Golden Age. Each known kingdom experienced peach, splendor and happiness. But as it were, soon those who garnished these things wanted more. First, they would take from those lesser than them, but their insatiable greed would not let them stop. Before long, boundaries were crossed and the weapons that first were feared, now became a common friend for the sake of protection...or greed.

A hooded figured walked into a bustling town made of cobblestone walkways.

“Weapons! Get your weapons here!”

“Do you have any of...those sir?”

The cloaked stranger stopped to peer at the potential business deal.

“Uh...'fraid not. Besides, I doubt someone like you could even afford one of...those if I had one.”

The unknown shook their head and continued on. They were seeking the local tavern and quickly found the appointed tavern. The place was filling to the brim with faces and creeds of all shapes and sizes. Yet, they slipped through practically unnoticed and took an available seat by the bar.

“What'll ya have?” The bartender said in a casual tone.

“Water, I guess.” The stranger hesitated.

The bartender shrugged. He was a middle aged man clad in a standard black vest, matching slacks and a white undershirt. His hair was fading but the remaining patches of hair circling around his head still beaming in a dark sheen. He had seen a lot but this customer seemed normal, which wasn't very normal at all. “So, you from around here?”

“No, but I heard good things about this town.”

“Yeah, Evergrand is pretty special. They say this town is were one of the first Arms landed.”

“So I've heard.” The hooded person was given their drink. The person pulled back their hood to unveil themselves as a chubby red head. Her hair thick and dangled to her shoulders. Her green cloak separating to reveal herself in a white blouse with brown shorts and light pink boots with tassels around the ankles. “They are pretty hard to come by, no?”

“Indeed. After the kingdoms began racing to collect them all, things have gotten pretty dire.”

“It was inevitable. Can't say I haven't felt an urge to get one.”

“Legend says they favor the unfortunate.” The bartender said.

“So, I'll never get one then?” The ginger girl smiled.

“Here ye! Here ye!” The loud boisterous announcement came from the outside. The red head finished her water and joined a few of the curious minds to the outside. “Let it be known to one and all! The Queen has issued a warranted search and destroy of a certain thief who had stolen a Pyknic Arm from the kingdom of Kruszevya. We are order to search through every nook and cranny of Evergrand to find the culprit or the stolen weapon. She shall being our search in a few moments unless anyone has any information on the culprit.” The knight, clad in standard armor of crimson and gold tints then rolled up his scroll he just read from. He and the small platoon behind him stood in stillness in hopes of the culprit or someone helpful to their investigation to step forward. “Very well, you had your last chance. Ransack the place, gentlemen.”

The soldier saluted and scattered, ramming their way into people's homes and establishments. Panic then swept Evergrand as the knights raided the town. The woman in the green cloak stood still and watched the riot unfold. A fire broke out in someone's home while a woman was tossed from her bakery and the place was raided by raiders who suddenly appeared in the chaos.

'These guys, they don't know what they are doing...' The ginger woman concluded. Unhinging her bow, hidden under her cloak, she equipped the range weapon, ready to set things right. With a stoic look, she shot an arrow at one of the raider's ankles, crippling him. She then helped the bake to her feet and smiled. “Stay inside and lock the doors and windows if you can.” The woman nodded at the archer's instructions and ran inside.

She continued her own path, firing more arrows at the thieves who were now driven by the need to find the Pyknic Arm. Truth be told, it was why she was here as well. Though the archer's intent was more pure, the pull of finding that weapon, one that can give you a kingdom, followers and all the riches you desire, was too good to ignore. However, her heart gave her a higher prioritized job; protecting the people of Evergrand.

The red headed archer continued into town with her bow drawn. She shot a man off the roof after sniping the torch in his hand. Another shot had plagued a man in the hip, stopping him from bludgeoning a child to death with his club. The woman's heroics were suddenly stopped by a Krus knight, holding her arm back. The archer countered with an elbow but found herself rattled by his helm. “Ow...bad idea...” The archer grimaced as she was tossed aside.

Still, she knew how today's armor worked even Pyknic armor, which was all but impenetrable or so they say...Luckily, this man had a standard issue set of armor as she fired at his left armpit. The arrow stick fast, wedging itself in the arm joint, paralyzing his entire side. The chubby archer went for another arrow but found herself dry. She then exchanged a blank stare with the paralyzed knight, before turning tail, looking for an Arms shop.

Her name was Zoe. Being a ranger meant she was very accurate and very limited on supplies. Her archery was notable but the woman herself was not. A generally unknown vigilante, Zoe was determined to stop the chaos unfolding in the town before it burned to the ground.

She had made it down one of the cobblestone streets when a small platoon had blocked her off. The knights of the Krus empire drew their weapons as Zoe slowly backed away. “Look, I don't want any trouble...”

“You should have thought of that before you killed our men!”

“Crippled! I crippled a few because they were attacking innocent people!”

“There is nothing innocent about hiding thieves within your walls! We were ordered by Queen Ireyla to search this town for the Pyknic Arm that was stolen from our armory!”

“And what proof do you have that it is here?”

“None of your business! Now, stand aside or be cut down!”

Zoe stood firm in defiance as the armored men approached. However, their advance was soon crippled by a bolt of lightning that floored the small army.

“...You know, I really hate to resort to violence but I learned the hard way you can not council beasts.” The witty line came from a rather large figure. The woman waddled beside Zoe, almost eclipsing her in weight and certainly width as her chunky pear hips were gelatinous ale barrels. The new face was a mocha skinned mage wearing a brown long sleeve blouse with a tan undershirt and matching short skirt revealing most of her thunderous thighs. Her hair was a cascade of chocolate dreadlocks that piled high on top of her head. The large caster fired another bolt of electricity, sparking the retreat of the Krus units.

Zoe turned and smiled at the stranger. “Th-Thank you...”

“It was no trouble, but might I suggest having a weapon ready next time you decide to take on a platoon?” The woman giggled.

“Well...uh...” Zoe flashed her empty quiver.

“I see. That is a spot of trouble for someone like you. I take it you are an archer, then? My name is Ryven, elemental mage at your service.” The bottom heavy caster bowed.

“My name is Zoe and well...you already said what I was...”

The girls ducked as a fiery explosion shook the town. “Pleasure to meet you Zoe but we must get moving...”

“I agree but, can we head to the Arms shop? I want to get some arrows and save this town.”

“Wait, what? I admire your heroics but you can't be serious! The last thing you want to do is deny the Queen of Kruszevya!”

“It's not about that but protecting those around us! Besides, we'll just go to Kurszevya with the Pyknic Arm and hopefully stop the Queen from causing more harm.”

“With all due respect; First off, we just met and I just saved you from certain doom. Second, how are we supposed to get the arm or even know what it looks like? Third, you realize how far Kruszevya is from here?”

“I don't know, but I have to try something...” Zoe argued.

“But why? Why go through all this? I'm an archeologist and I would never go this far for an item!”

“Then, that's the difference between you and I...” There was a brief pause as Ryven frowned. “Oh...I'm sorry...”

“No, no. It is quite all right, there is a difference between us...”

The archer in the green cloaked sighed, dropping her shoulders. “Okay, what I said was out of line but I'm glad you understand. Thanks for saving me, though.”

Ryven nodded. “Go east down this street and after two blocks the Arms shop should be there.”

“Right, thanks.” Zoe smiled and heading in the appointed direction. The mage waved, watching the ginger archer disappear from out of side. Though her last words were still echoing in her mind.

Within the distance, Zoe managed to spot the weapon's shop but it would appear her journey was all for naught. “No...No!” She pleaded as she finally stopped inches from the the property, which was now destroyed. 'Of course...this would be the first place they ransack...' She mumbled internally.

“Hey! What are you doing here!?” A Krus guard shouted as several more troops swarmed the area.

Zoe quickly reached for an arrow within her bow, but froze in place as her hand caught nothing but air. “You've got to be kidding!” Her quiver was empty and what a fine it was to be. She stood pale faced as she was encircled by angry Krus troops. She slowly backed away, trying to find a suitable excuse for her not to be killed on the spot. But the approaching doom made her mouth dry and her heart sink, leaving her speechless.

“And just what would Queen Ireyla say if she saw this?” The scolding was then followed by a rain of thunderbolts that cleared out the Witch Queen troops. The savior was none other than the husky pear, Ryven.

“Y-You saved me...” Zoe stammered.

“O-Of course I did...I saw a platoon heading in your direction not soon after you left. I couldn't just stand by and let them take you and this town.”

“So you'll help me?”

“On a few conditions: 1. We do not kill the guards, only disable them and spare the townspeople. 2. We do not keep the Pyknic arms they are looking for.”

Zoe gave an ashamed blush look while slyly crossing her fingers. “Deal...”
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 04-29-2014, 10:49 PM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 04-29-2014 11:42 PM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 04-30-2014, 12:46 AM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 04-30-2014, 11:53 PM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 07-06-2014, 10:54 AM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 12-06-2014, 12:09 PM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 03-28-2015, 01:32 PM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 03-31-2015, 10:47 PM