Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pyknic Arms
07-06-2014, 10:54 AM
RE: Pyknic Arms
The kingdom of Kruszevya was reputable for being a land of formidably and chance. While the lower class were settled in brick house with cobblestone streets under their housed feet. Despite what seems like a moderate lifestyle, the kingdom had become too big for the fabled Witch Queen, Ireyla Boleslava, to micromanage the equal Utopia she promised once she became seated in the throne. Because of this, the lower class neighborhoods had deteriorated somewhat, lost in the bureaucracy of the kingdom and left to fend for itself. Crime was no stranger to the labyrinth slums where even the most skilled and armored warrior could fall to an ambush of desperate townsfolk. Most residents weren't bloodthirsty criminals but could easily be swayed by the promise of unspoiled bread or a gold coin in exchange for their humanity.

Generally unknown to the Witch Queen, her platoon of elite protectors and soldiers known as the Knights of the Round did their part for the community. Some donated their extra funds and even rations to the poor when they visited the impoverished area as a bridge for the less fortunate and the nobles in the elevated parts of the territory. But sadly, even they felt the pressures of the ever growing territory of Kruszevya and were being stretched thin. With the introduction of the Pyknic Arms, most of the already skilled Round members became even less beatable and Ireyla's land and population grew, though her touch with the general public began to fade...

Fast and Weaver arrived in the Witch Queen's territory. Over the horizon, partly obscured by rivaling towers was the main keep of Ireyla. The tan swordswoman narrowed her look at the castle over yonder. “This place is...bigger than I remember...”

The blue haired mage looked at her friend. “W-What do you mean?”

Fast then shot a surprised look. “Uh...n-nothing...” She dodged and pressed forward, finally entering the labyrinth of the commoner maze district. Weaver frowned, she thought after a few days of travel, Fast would open up to her, but it seemed she still didn't trust her...

The pair used how relatively far the tower looked to map themselves across the endless slums. Admittedly, they were well tended. If anything, despite a few broken windows and the aged look of the structures, this part of the kingdom was well kept, almost pretty well off in fact. The girls found themselves in a town square that seem quite vacant. Fast did a quick glance both ways before sighing.

“What's wrong?”

“An ambush...” The cue came as a man in rags rushed the duo with a club. With the weapon reeled back behind his head as he swung, he suddenly felt it leave his grip and he then found himself tumbling to the side as his abdomen crashed against the cobblestone street. Above him stood a sword wielding Fast and a shocked Weaver.

“Fast, how did you-!?”

“You think my name is just some gimmick?” The helmeted knight replied. She then approached the man, bending her knees to squat next to him. “Excuse me, why did you attack us?”

The stranger gritted his teeth, still in pain from the blow. “H-How?”

“I'm good at what I do. Now, call the others off so we can talk.”

“Talk? You...you damn Round Knight...You're late!”

“I'm not a Round Knight, sir.”

“Could have...fooled me...are you a noble, then?”

“Nope, just a stranger passing by...”

“But...your clothes...and the mage...you both have...money, no?”

“I'll be honest; yes, but not enough to give out. We just barely made it here ourselves and we're here to see the Witch Queen.”

“Heh, that's a laugh...I was born here and never made it out of this dump...”

“Maybe you should try harder, then...” Fast retorted. “Come on, Weaver.”

The electric blue haired mage looked worryingly at the downed man. “But...Fast...”

“We don't have time to waste. I told you the importance of-What are you doing?”

Weaver knelt before the man, using a blue orb to heal his wounds as her markings became more apparent. “I know you are in a hurry but what is the point of this quest if we ignore everyone in need we meet on the way? Here sir.” Weaver pulled out a few gold coins and placed them in her hand as the former attacker sat up. “Please, take this and feed your family.”

“H-How did you know?”

Weaver simply smiled. “Call it a hunch~”

Next, several beggars came from the alleyways, hands out in desperation. Fast rolled her eyes as her and Weaver soon became surrounded by moaning townspeople, asking for money. “Happy now?”

“Well...uh...Sorry everyone, I don't have enough to give you all...Maybe that guy-He's gone!” Weaver gasped as they became further enclosed.

Fast shook her head as her sword became to shine. In a flash, her and Weaver were gone while some of the townsfolk were knocked over, the rest surprised at the sudden disappearing act.

After gaining significant distance, the two stopped outside a lively tavern. Fast panted with her mouth side and slid down against the side of the building. “You just...had to be nice...”

“I was nice to you.” Weaver exhaled as she wiped her brow. “Just...excuse me for showing some charity among the suffering. You know, the politics of this place...”

“I'm telling you, this place is dozen of times bigger than I remember. When you told me how long it would take, I didn't believe you...guess I still owe you that-”

“Don't worry about that. Let's just get to Ireyla, it's getting dark.”

“Right...just give me a few minutes...”

“Fast...your Pyknic Arm, does it really hurt you?”

“Only if I use it recklessly. We sort of cleared more than half the territory and I had to reroute a few times because we ran into dead ends.”

“I'm glad.” Weaver nodded with a smirk.

“I told you, I can speed up anything this blade touches including you and I. The trade-off is my weight.” Fast explained, her body more of a thick build than a more statuesque one Weaver had. “But come on...we can probably make it to the castle by night.” Though still weak, Fast picked herself up and retracted her sword back into the special gauntlet.

“No need to stress yourself out. Look, there's a carriage.”

A two horse carriage rolled up in the girl's direction. The curtains blocking the view of the passenger inside but the driver was visible sitting in the front. A dreadlocks hairstyle and bulbous pear shaped woman in a brown tunic and tan dress stopped her carriage as Weaver waved to her.

“Oh my, are you two alright?” Ryven asked, looking at the exhausted Fast.

“Somewhat. We were journeying to see the Witch Queen. My friend here has a message for her.” Weaver explained.

“Hm...I was just going there, too. I plan on trying to convince her that this massive land grabbing and Pyknic Arms hunting is not good for her people or kingdom.”

“That's...a bold proposal...” Fast grunted, trying to keep her stance.

“I know, but I have this to help her listen.” Ryven then shined the pendant she received from Dame.

“That's-!” Fast gasped, her energy suddenly revived.

“Huh? Something wrong?” Ryven blinked. “A close friend of mine gave me this as a free pass to the Witch Queen. Unless you two have something better, this will give us clear access to have an audience with her.”

“G-Great idea...” Fast stammered. Deep down, she recognized that item as she had the exact same one in her possession. An item that belonged to her Mother...

Ryven then allowed the girls a ride with Zoe already occupying the inside. The red headed archer had been sleeping within her cushioned seat but stirred away when the two newcomers came aboard.

“Eh? Who are you two?”

“My name's Weaver and this is Fast.”

“I'm Zoe and I guess you met Ryven?” The ginger girl said with a chuckle.

“Indeed. Like you two, we're going to try to convince the Queen to stop her current campaign.”

“Sounds like a tall ord-”

“I already said that.” Fast interjected. Zoe got the message as the two exchanged glares, Weaver then intervened, pulling Fast back to her seat. Ryven, already sensing the tension, simply rolled her eyes and mushed the horses along.

As night approached, the girls had finally made it to Ireyla's castle. The ivory tower covered in leafy vines that gave off a mystic vibe stretched high into the sky, almost out of the girls' line of sight. But as they got there, a troop of knights rushed in while another platoon quickly cut them off.

“I'm sorry ma'am, you can't come any further.”

“May I ask why not?”

The knight paused before answering Ryven. “The Queen is under attack. We advice you stay in the common district and wait a few months while this matter is settled.”

“A few months!?” Fast and Zoe blurted out.

“Y-Yeah...as you can tell from my friends' reaction, that won't do. But if you can, may I ask who or what is attacking the Queen?”

“Well from the rumors, it seems another royal. We don't know what her motives are, but her skills are...deadly to say the least...”

“Very well, we will turn back then.”

“Ryven!”

“I'm sorry Zoe but we can't risk it. Whatever has the Witch Queen on edge certainly will be more than what we can handle...”

“But what about my-? Wait, where's Fast!?” Zoe gasped as the tan girl had vanished.

[Image: chibi_illaoi_by_huly0w-d9hxwfl.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 04-29-2014, 10:49 PM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 04-29-2014, 11:42 PM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 04-30-2014, 12:46 AM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 04-30-2014, 11:53 PM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 07-06-2014 10:54 AM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 12-06-2014, 12:09 PM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 03-28-2015, 01:32 PM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 03-31-2015, 10:47 PM