The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.31-1~deb10u1 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pyknic Arms
04-29-2014, 10:49 PM (This post was last modified: 04-29-2014 11:22 PM by Aerial-Rave.)
Pyknic Arms
So, re-posting what I have for a fantasy story I've been working on with a few other people. The basic premise revolves around a group of adventurers, one of which is from a different time period, collecting rather unique weapons. There's obviously more, but that's all I feel like disclosing at the moment but enjoy what I have so far! There will be infrequent updates as I am not nearly close to finishing the story.

--

In a realm where the skies are eternally painted a ebony hue, the walks ways are gray stepping tones and are disconnected but make a path toward a lone fortress that stands in the dimension's midst. It is there, that the dark plane's prisoner resides but is far from limited in her captivity.

“Hm...marvelous~” Wyrm, the dimension's ruler and aforementioned prisoner hummed as she rubbed her distended belly. The green haired heavyset woman let out a stifled burp as she rested after another well deserved feast. With a spare bone with a pointed tip, she picked the small tiara wedged in between her sharp teeth as the dragon woman in the guise of a human had just finished devouring another female royal.

The statuesque woman's had thick spiral curls of a dark emerald tint that dangled just below her hips. She also had a pair of horns protruding from the crown of her head and pointy elf-like ears. She was clad in an ivory white dress that fell to her upper thighs as a thick pair of heeled boots with straps attached to her dress clung to her feet. Wyrm's dragonic features could be seen in her scaly human hands that sported sharp claws as well as the endless row of razor sharp teeth in her maw.

It was this very thing that the tan skinned dragonoid was imprisoned for. Her love of eating those of royal blood quickly became unruly but she was too powerful to slay. Instead, she and her kingdom were banished to a realm between others, only able to watch them from the shards that rotated around the plane. For years, decades, possibly centuries, she had watched civilizations grow, end and develop all over again through different time periods and continuities.

But over time, Wyrm's power resurfaced and she was partially able to interact with these worlds within mirrors. She herself could not enter them, but talk and communicate with those within. As time progressed, she manipulated and build empires outside her own. She turned princes against their Fathers, peasants on their Kings and royals against one another.

Ignored by the confident dragon woman, the magical guild that sealed her away caught wind of her intentions. They sent a champion, a young talent to slay the infernal beast, thus Wyrm's last chance of redemption would die at the end of a blade.

As they entered the realm, the sword drawn executioner frowned at the dark sight before her. Gripping her sword tight, she scanned the dark plane and instantly caught sight of the dragon's tower. Her short, spiky sand colored hair contrasted with her dark skin and blue eyes. She wore an open but heavy high collar jacket with a set of cufflinks and gloves, a black padded undershirt that fit snug over her turgid middle and ample bust. Her baggy pants were fitting enough to accompany her stocky thighs, toned enough to hold up her hefty upper body and finally, armored shoes to protect her form the harsh terrain of the dark dimension. She then lowered her knight's helm to hide her looks as she continued further.

“No wonder she has become this far lost...” The swordswoman lamented at the depressing scene. She continued forward cautiously and arrived at the fortress. With a slight push, the large double doors parted and a darkened hallway awaited the executioner.

“Enter...royal...” Wyrm's voice echoed.

The dark skinned blonde gulped, her presence already detected by the enemy. “Don't make this harder than it has to be, Wyrm. If you would have just finished your sentence like a good girl-”

“DON'T PLAY COY WITH ME! I KNOW THIS WAS AN ETERNAL SENTENCE!” Wyrm roared, shaking the entire hallway.

“That's...not what I heard...” The executioner groaned, her ears still ringing. “But now it's too late...I must slay you...”

“Slay me?” Wyrm chuckled while still hidden. “You certainly are! What with that sense of humor and toothpick you carry, I will need it when I am done dining on you~”

“You've dined on enough royals for one millennium, Wyrm! Now show yourself!”

The hefty green haired woman then waddled from the shadows. “Here I am.”

The sand haired swordswoman hesitated, her hand and sword resting by her side. “You are...calmer than the reports portrayed.”

“Misinformed? Seems the mages that sealed me were more senile than I remember.”

“No, the council that monitored your prison has changed hands several times. I can imagine some information has faded through time.”

“How long have I been here?”

“Too long...” The executioner then lunged at the dragon woman. Her vertical swipe was deflected by the woman's claw, sending her off balance and followed up with a shoulder tackle that knocked the swordswoman on her cushioned rear.

“I would appreciate the mages actually bringing me a challenge or a capable executioner. You seem to be holding something back...your heart isn't in it.”

The dark skinned woman gritted her teeth, taking a minute to stand. She charged Wyrm once more, her sword strikes more ferocious and unfocused. Wyrm still deflected the blades with ease and caught the executioner's armed wrist and backhanded her to the floor.

“You think this is some trivial job to you?” The dragon woman snarled, clearly offended. “The mages sent you after ME, WYRM! The most powerful and feared dragon in existence! If you came here thinking this was going to be a routine execution, then I will me more than happy to prove you wrong as you sink down my throat!”

The blue eyed girl turned away with her pride broken. Wyrm was right, she was acting casual toward all this. The mages had prophesied the fall of her kingdom due to Wyrm's influence and tasked her with the beast's death in order to save her kingdom and others.

“All right then...time to get serious...”

“Ooh, I'm so scared~” The dragon woman mocked.

The sand haired woman's sword then glowed and began to cackle with magical energy.“A gift from the mages, a Pyknic Arm! They said this would be more than enough to slay you but I was hoping it wouldn't come to this...”

“Heh, flattering. But what makes you think I never heard of these Pyknic Arms? Or, perhaps, they are part of my plan to escape?”

“Your plans went out the window when you violated your sentence!” The empowered executioner let loose a powerful swing. Wyrm attempted to block but was batted across her corridor and into a self portrait.

The green haired woman then attempted to crawl away but the noble loomed a shadow behind her. “Go away...your sudden change of heart has turned this sour...I want...an honorable death...not one where my executioner is forced...”

“Make up your mind, dragon. You want to be killed or not?”

“Why don't you make that decision for me?”

The woman glared and slashed the dragon woman through the walls of her castle and on a floating rock platform on the outside. She stood before the grounded Wyrm, who only chuckled at the altered Queen's new vigor. She then raised her large blade over her head and came down with a swift strike. However, the dragon woman countered with a slash to the woman's chest, causing her to stumble back.

“It really doesn't matter, now. My plan to escape is already in place! Soon, I will be able to walk the numerous kingdoms I have accumulated over my sentence! The nations that praise me as a Goddess will be able to see me in all my splendor!”

The executioner held her sword tightly while standing her ground. “Is that why...you want to be a ruler!?”

“To be waited on hand and foot, praised and have commands carried out without a second thought. To hold absolute power and control...”

“To think I felt sorry for you...”

“Again, you were misinformed about me~”

The two wide women ran toward one another with their respective battle cries. They exchanged blows, claws hitting steel and both their corpulent bodies sustaining gashes and bruises. The tan haired was the first to wane as she dropped her sword but her handle still held tightly.

“You all right? You seem tired.”

“Sh-Shut up you fire breathing marshmallow...”

“Ooh, good one. It has been awhile since I heard a good snide comment.”

The executioner's strength returned as her hate for Wyrm grew again. She lifted her forked sword and rushed Wyrm again. But instead, she shoved her sword into the stone platform, letting loose and geyser of energy that blasted both women away.

“What are you-!?” The emerald haired woman howled as she was catapulted further from her castle. When grimaced in pain, lying face up as she peered weakly at the dark sky above. A smile then grew across her face as the skies opened up with white rays that pierced the dark void.

The tan haired woman coughed and gazed at the spectacle as well. “What!?”

“They did it! They finally did it!” Wyrm boasted from across the plane. “Now, send the Arms!”

From the dragon's keep, a number of objects ascended toward the sky rift and vanished into the white void. “What's going on!? What have you done!?”

“Follow the trail and find out~”

The Queen suddenly felt herself being pulled upwards. The pull from the white portal lifted her from the ground. “Wh-Whoa!”

“Have fun on the other side, royal.” Wyrm bid as the portal closed with the executioner in it. “Now for phase two...”

When the woman regained consciousness, she found herself in a foreign world. It resembled her own, blue skies, green grass, the distant murmur of voices in the distance...civilization! Though it didn't look like it, she was far from home, a gut feeling confirmed her thoughts while slowly dragging herself toward the unknown town.

Sadly, the stress from the previous battle quickly resurfaced. Her muscles tensed up and her legs cramped, causing her to trip and roll down the steep hill. With her face deep in the grass, she was on the verge of passing out again but she looked up to see a number of blurred figures approach. “H-Help...me...”

“She's alive!” One spoke.

“Quick, we need to get her to the inn!”

The sandy haired woman felt her body elevated as she tried to speak more. “Dr-Drag...gon...Dra...”

“It's okay, save your strength.”

“Arms...Py...arms...”

“Ugh, if she wasn't heavy enough...now she mumbles nonsense...”

The dark skinned executioner finally gave up and slipped into unconsciousness once more. Her heart dreaded on what type of place she ended up or what would happen to her in the care of these people. Whatever it was, they seemed unaware of Wyrm's existence and even more dire, her apparent plan of action.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 04-29-2014 10:49 PM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 04-29-2014, 11:42 PM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 04-30-2014, 12:46 AM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 04-30-2014, 11:53 PM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 07-06-2014, 10:54 AM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 12-06-2014, 12:09 PM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 03-28-2015, 01:32 PM
RE: Pyknic Arms - Aerial-Rave - 03-31-2015, 10:47 PM