Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Are You Eating?
04-13-2014, 04:16 PM
What Are You Eating?
One of my favorite threads! Post what you're about to eat, are eating or just ate. Descriptions are awesome and pictures are even more awesome ^-^

Just had a nice big Sunday brunch of homemade sausage patties, almond raspberry pancakes and a veggie-cheddar omelette so big it couldn't be contained on a plate. It was nuts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2014, 10:50 PM
RE: What Are You Eating?
My parents were home for the weekend, so of course my Dad had to cook for everyone. Boiled crawfish, potatoes, corn, mushrooms, garlic, and sausage.

I peeled quite a few tails and plan to make crawfish bisque.
04-14-2014, 03:54 AM
-Two frozen chicken sandwiches absolutely DRENCHED in ketchup
-Can of Chile Con Queso Pringles (because they were out of Nacho Cheese ones sadly)
-1.5 liter bottle of Mountain Dew to wash it all down with

~*~*My Blog Of Blissful Perfection*~*~
04-14-2014, 08:28 AM
Sounds delicious, both of you! It is breakfast time and there is nothing to write home about, but:
-3 roasted eggs (a traditional Korean preparation)
-1 pint milk
-1 bottle fruit-veggie juice
-1 granola bar
-3 shots espresso
-1 bottle water

But last night I had some tasty Korean Chinese food. I didn't take pics but will post some from the internet. Korean writing is provided in case anyone wants to copy-paste it into a Google image search:

1. 짬뽕 (jjam-bbong) - Chinese spicy seafood noodle soup. It is exactly as it sounds. Typically, it contains mussels and octopus pieces, but also can contain oysters, squid, shrimp and any other seafood the chef wishes to include. Onions, carrots, and squash are typical vegetables added. The sauce is almost always red, but can be more clear (but is still spicy). Chinese-style noodles round out this dish, though it can be served with rice if you prefer.
[Image: Jjampong.JPG]

2. 짜장면 (jja-jang-myeon) - Chinese black bean noodles. The black sauce is made from fried black bean paste. The basic stuff has minced pork, diced onion and might contain a few peas. There is a higher quality version that contains carrots, fresh sliced cucumber, and seafood as well. I actually need to eat this again because it is April 14, which is Black Day. February 14 is Valentine's Day and is celebrated by women giving men a gift (usually chocolate). March 14 is White Day, where men give women a gift. April 14 is Black Day, where single people go out with friends and eat this dish. Being April 14, I need to do this today! I don't usually eat it so it gives me an excuse.
[Image: 2012052401539_0.jpg]

3. 탕수육 (tang-soo-yook) - Sweet and sour pork. If you order delivery, this usually comes with the sauce separate. Unlike the US version, the batter isn't doughy but instead is crispy. This dish is pork but can be made with chicken or shrimp and is designated as such on the menu. I have never seen a small portion of this. It is always for at least two or three people.
[Image: 529eb21806cd738c5027.jpg]

4. 만두튀김 (man-doo-twee-gim) - Fried dumplings. You might know these as potstickers. Korean mandoo usually contain glass noodles, cabbage and pork. They come in all shapes and sizes and can have a variety of fillings. They can be steamed, fried, or cooked in a soup. The fried is most common with Chinese food.
[Image: 2012081601663_0.jpg]

I am convinced that you stole my wife to make her his priestess.
[Image: TPg6VcL.jpg]
04-18-2014, 08:35 AM
Oats 'n Dark Chocolate Nature Valley Granola Bars and Wild Cherry Pepsi

04-18-2014, 03:08 PM
Wild Cherry Pepsi...I hate Pepsi but I love WC Pepsi because it sounded more..."natural" I guess. At that age, it was probably the closest thing I had to natural. I was in middle school and my breakfasts consisted of a liter of Dr. Pepper and a can of Sour Cream & Onion Pringles.

Nothing fancy today for food, just steak and eggs.

04-19-2014, 01:33 AM
Coffee and a microwave burrito.
04-19-2014, 02:28 AM
(04-18-2014 03:08 PM)Peppero Wrote:  Wild Cherry Pepsi...I hate Pepsi but I love WC Pepsi because it sounded more..."natural" I guess

Funny, I love coke but every time I tried to drink Cherry Coke, I was on the very verge of gagging.

(04-18-2014 03:08 PM)Peppero Wrote:  I was in middle school and my breakfasts consisted of a liter of Dr. Pepper and a can of Sour Cream & Onion Pringles.

Most of my "breakfasts" in college consisted of a pack of Twix and a bottle of Mountain Dew Voltage

04-20-2014, 07:51 PM
I wonder, were those breakfasts better than none at all? From what I have read, it seems so...but of course there is no reason ti choose candy for breakfast or nothing at all (false dichotomy).

Lunch today was a meal from Burger King. Let me login on a computer and post the picture I took.

04-21-2014, 12:17 AM
(04-20-2014 07:51 PM)Peppero Wrote:  I wonder, were those breakfasts better than none at all?

IDK, but it sure as hell gave me one wicked sugar/caffeine high