Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3.75 Average
Spam Thread
01-09-2020, 12:18 PM
RE: Spam Thread
When I was really bored a few years ago and in need of someone to speak with, I visited new IRC channels to find people. Furries still retained one of the largest IRC networks, so I figured I would start there. In the busiest one I found, after inquiring into everyone's ages, I realized I was talking to people literally 12 years old. They were socially inept in the most arrogant and intolerant way, so I left. We were all teenagers on the internet at one point, but in those days, I don't remember them being so brainwashed into leftism that they couldn't even have real conversations.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2020, 12:23 PM
Exactly. Its all kids in the community and it's insane. And coming up I thought I was an extreme liberal douche. Still am. But these kids of the new gen take it to a whole new level
01-09-2020, 01:38 PM
I spoke to one furry teenager from Germany who defined freedom of speech as having one's speech protected from criticism.
01-09-2020, 03:23 PM
We're doomed
01-10-2020, 02:17 AM
(01-08-2020 06:24 PM)Marechal des logis Daedalus Wrote:  Has the furry scene grown any more toxic recently? I can't remember the last time I communicated with one.

It surely hasn't gotten any better that's for damn sure. I think I brought up here (or maybe not) I was friends with Nemo (furry artist) for roughly 5 years, enough to the point he knew my IRL address and we discussed hanging out when he lived around here, and he dropped me like a hot skillet after posting ONE tweet on some drama that just said "it's a fad" because someone asked why people were mad about some stupid comic that didn't make sense.
I've all but given up on it for now after tumblr dying out and twitter being the last spot to go, and on my anniversary and birthday last November NO ONE said anything to me in regards to them, so I'm just done interacting with the fandom now.

(01-09-2020 11:27 AM)Ulfric Blackheart Wrote:  Alt: you don't have an Instagram do you? I still haven't caught up to all the new fangled stuff like discord. Hell, I just got IG a few months ago lol. But yes, I'm good. I hope the same for you :3

Daed: it's been over run with teenagers. It used to be a good mix of ages. But now I feel like an old man when checking out the current furry scene. At least we old codgers still have "2" the ranting gryphon. Until his hip completely implodes anyway.

I used to have one I think for IRL stuff but I don't take pictures enough to justify going back on it lol
Discord has actually been a small haven for me, you can join all these servers and still have instant messaging and whatnot, I'm actually in a server with Aerial and a couple others that used to frequent here.

On topic of the furries again, it's just like the current political climate is now but even worse with them, if you like 2 you're a nazi, if you hate 2 you're a commie, that kinda thing. I just miss the mid 2000s furry mindset where you're here to escape and have fun, but now everyone had to drag their identity politics into it and ruin it like everything else. Maybe in another 10 years we'll be back to normal or the fandom will collapse in on itself.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-11-2020, 11:30 AM
Man discord has been amazing for me too. I'm in a bunch of different servers. I keep making custom emoji because I can use custom emoji and people are like "Woah, nice emoji!"
01-12-2020, 04:40 AM
(01-09-2020 03:23 PM)Ulfric Blackheart Wrote:  We're doomed

We're burg.

[Image: EN97Dd4W4AE6ehE.jpg:small]
01-16-2020, 04:08 AM
(01-10-2020 02:17 AM)Blubberbutt Wrote:  On topic of the furries again, it's just like the current political climate is now but even worse with them, if you like 2 you're a nazi, if you hate 2 you're a commie, that kinda thing. I just miss the mid 2000s furry mindset where you're here to escape and have fun, but now everyone had to drag their identity politics into it and ruin it like everything else. Maybe in another 10 years we'll be back to normal or the fandom will collapse in on itself.

I sincerely doubt it. Social Media has basically become a powder keg magic lamp, once you get all that bile out into the world, it's really hard to put it back in.

I work with a lot of people that have varying political beliefs and stances, yet we all get along beautifully. Maybe because we're working towards a common goal? IDK

I hesitate to believe that anyone who talks shit on twitter, tumblr, or facebook actually acts like that IRL

~*~*My Blog Of Blissful Perfection*~*~
01-19-2020, 11:51 PM
Social media is a plague. And yet in a way it serves as a containment board so that forums like this can continue to exist relatively free from that sort of political correctness and nonsense that would lead to site-ending drama.

In other news, apparently bbwchan just fried their site and had to start over from a blank slate. Sounds familiar, as I recall we've done that a time or two here and at some point I am going to have to update this place again with a risk of it breaking everything. Unlike the problem they face though, we do have backups this time. The entire site is downloaded to one of my machines at home once a week.

[Image: mabinogi_morrighan_.JPG]
01-24-2020, 11:32 AM
Yay back-ups!