Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3.75 Average
Spam Thread
08-05-2014, 08:16 PM
RE: Spam Thread
(08-05-2014 07:30 PM)Chaos Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 05:06 PM)neo_ozon Wrote:  And Chaos, I've been led to believe that it's airing on Nickelodeon sometime in the coming weeks
Oh yeah, airing on Nicktoons.

Don't they realize that Disney XD and Nictoons are pretty much insta-death for any new programming? I mean I'm kind of surprised at how long Dragonball Kai of survived, but then again, it's Dragonball we're talking about here

~*~*My Blog Of Blissful Perfection*~*~
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2014, 04:07 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2014 04:08 AM by Froot-Loup.)
(08-05-2014 11:59 AM)neo_ozon Wrote:  Ehhhhh, Howard looks a bit too realistic for my tastes. You know like with how they did Bayformers, Alvin and the Chipmunks, and the new TMNT movie?

It's been said that Howard was supposed to be a parody of "kid friendly animal cartoon characters", so why not flesh that aspect out?

The shitty quality of those movies (Yes I'm including TMNT already because it looks mediocre and it has no indication of exceeding those expectations) can be blamed more on the incompetency of their producers, writers, and directors. People fucking love Rocket Raccoon, and he has an even more realistic depiction than all of those besides Transformers perhaps.

Besides that fact, while he was originally created to parody those things, cute kid-friendly cartoon characters have become increasingly irrelevant over the years, only mainstays like Mickey Mouse continuing to be well-known while most movies have shifted away from that or relied on bringing back characters who are also rendered irrelevant by not updating anything but their depiction in CGI instead of 2D animation. That said, Howard would probably work better if he served as a parody of fully CGI characters in the film industry in general such as Jar Jar Binks or, well, Rocket Raccoon, if he had to use such an angle at all and not just be a clever wise-cracking duck man.

A stand alone movie would be interesting I think, but they'd have to be careful not to make it like the other retro-comeback cartoon character films (Which I don't doubt Marvel will avoid with their track record).

(08-05-2014 01:51 PM)Ulfric Blackheart Wrote:  Well there goes my good mood...my girlfriend is now stuck on the couch by herself because her "caretaker" got drunk and left and she can not get to her wheelchair by herself, and I am an hour away and have no way to get to her right now...I am so many kinds of pissed off and worried right now and this is the only place I have to safely vent about it....

Shit dude, is she okay now? :c

(08-05-2014 08:16 PM)neo_ozon Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 05:06 PM)neo_ozon Wrote:  And Chaos, I've been led to believe that it's airing on Nickelodeon sometime in the coming weeks

Don't they realize that Disney XD and Nictoons are pretty much insta-death for any new programming? I mean I'm kind of surprised at how long Dragonball Kai of survived, but then again, it's Dragonball we're talking about here

They're also putting the new Star Wars cartoon on XD, which is disappointing when they could have done like ABC or something maybe.
08-06-2014, 04:21 AM
I saw Guardians with Shippo on Saturday, it was really awesome. Have a hard time deciding if that or Cap 2 is the best Marvel movie this year.

I'd go see it again this weekend but we're going up to the cottage to hang with his family for a few days. Not looking forward to that.

My discord server https://discord.gg/kFBEvtyman
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2014, 05:46 AM
Loup: yeah, her mother went to her house to help her this morning, which will result in an argument I'm sure, but it is not like she could just stay there on the couch for a few days until I could get back up there to see her. Muscular Dystrophy is a bitch....
08-06-2014, 07:08 AM
(08-05-2014 08:16 PM)neo_ozon Wrote:  

They treat them as action channels and if the channels are going to survive, they're gonna need more content.

[Image: IPYo1Jk.jpg?2]
08-06-2014, 08:22 AM
(08-06-2014 07:08 AM)Chaos Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 08:16 PM)neo_ozon Wrote:  Don't they realize that Disney XD and Nictoons are pretty much insta-death for any new programming? I mean I'm kind of surprised at how long Dragonball Kai of survived, but then again, it's Dragonball we're talking about here

They treat them as action channels and if the channels are going to survive, they're gonna need more content.

Action channels as in "Boy Centric"? No, the real problem is that the channels are for the most part premium where in some cases you need an additional subscription package in order to view them. Like due to the fact that I have Direct TV, I have Disney XD, but I don't have Nicktoons

08-06-2014, 12:41 PM
Neo....should I be offended that the guys at work have started calling me Jericho?
08-06-2014, 05:17 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2014 05:17 PM by neo_ozon.)
You mean the professional wrestler of the biblical figure? Because I don't see how either could be percieved as an insult

08-06-2014, 10:08 PM
The wrestler. And I know nothing about wrestling so I had to ask lol
08-07-2014, 07:43 AM
Poland is fun.