Chubbychannel
Spam Thread - Printable Version

+- Chubbychannel (http://www.chubbychannel.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Home (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: The Couch (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Spam Thread (/thread-2.html)

RE: Spam Thread - neo_ozon - 10-11-2014 10:57 AM

(10-11-2014 09:37 AM)Odin Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 03:32 AM)neo_ozon Wrote:  Tell me if any of you guys would read this because I'm thinking of replacing my story "Sovereign: Merc of the C.C.C.P." (about a bureaucratic hitman in an idealized soviet future circa 1970 something) with it:

Dean Asher's life was radically changed the day he volunteered to be a test subject for the drug "Plutonium 90". It gave him magnified sight, lighting fast reflexes, and superior marksmanship. He is now a covert operative for hire, an agent of an elite team guided by the curiously seclusive man known as Hivemind. They call him The Paper Wasp

Clearly this plutonium 90 is a cover-up for something far more sinister.

Normal Plutonium is 238 or 239, one of them is good for bombs the other good for spaceship batteries.

Not sure if you even can get Plutonium down to only 90. It would be way too likely to transmute into other elements.

That'd be an interesting angle for sure. I kind of made it up based on the chemical Strontium 90 from Strontium Dog that mutated a shit ton of humans

Their leader "Hivemind" is also something of nutcase. He had so many sporadic episodes of split personality disorder that he fucked with his brain and put the personalities in computer monitors to act as his council for assigning missions to his agents and what not. Though he's initially set up as something of a "Charlie" from Charlie's Angels

RE: Spam Thread - Fluffles - 10-11-2014 11:02 AM

(10-11-2014 08:06 AM)neo_ozon Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 07:30 AM)Fluffles Wrote:  Radiation exposure is, at first, non-fatal. Death doesn't happen until later!

This stuff is a drug that's injected into their arms. It has nothing to do with Radiation. It's like the Super Soldier serum that Steve Rogers got that turned him into Captain America

So plutonium is not the radioactive element, just some drug. Got it.

RE: Spam Thread - neo_ozon - 10-11-2014 12:00 PM

(10-11-2014 11:02 AM)Fluffles Wrote:  So plutonium is not the radioactive element, just some drug. Got it.

Well like with Odin's suggestion, that doesn't mean that it can't be open to possibilities. I mean this story is something that I'm essentially "piggy backing" off of another concept because it was a one-track idea that didn't have much substance

RE: Spam Thread - neo_ozon - 10-12-2014 06:01 AM

Jesus, the amount of Batman books for the New 52 alone is fucking staggering. Let's see, there's:

-Batgirl
-Batman
-Batman and Robin
-Batman Beyond
-Batman Eternal
-Legends of the Dark Knight
-Batman/Superman
-Batwoman
-Catwoman
-Detective Comics
-Grayson
-Harley Quinn
-Red Hood and the Outlaws

And there's even more on the way with Gotham Academy, Arkham Manor, and Gotham By Midnight. Not to mention the digital exclusive Batman '66

It's like the fucking 90's all over again with Marvel and it's excessive amount of X-men books

RE: Spam Thread - Lizzy - 10-13-2014 12:21 PM

The vision of the noseless Wolverine still haunts me.

RE: Spam Thread - Fluffles - 10-13-2014 12:29 PM

Ohi Lizzy.

RE: Spam Thread - Lizzy - 10-13-2014 12:34 PM

Holy sh*t, its Fluffles.

Good to see you.

RE: Spam Thread - Fluffles - 10-13-2014 12:40 PM

Good to see you too! I've been hanging around the IRC as of late. I see the site is kinda... Barren.

That aside, how's you doing?

RE: Spam Thread - Lizzy - 10-13-2014 03:19 PM

Yeah, someone went wrong. But its slightly more active than it was before.

And I've been okay. Had one of those head colds for a while, which sucks before technically, its Canadian Thanksgiving today.

How about you? Please pardon the late reply.

RE: Spam Thread - Fluffles - 10-13-2014 03:36 PM

(10-13-2014 03:19 PM)Lizzy Wrote:  Yeah, someone went wrong. But its slightly more active than it was before.

And I've been okay. Had one of those head colds for a while, which sucks before technically, its Canadian Thanksgiving today.

How about you? Please pardon the late reply.

Pardonned. I'll be here all night anyway, earning my time and a half for working the holiday~. Happy Thanksgiving, by the way. I'll be celebrating it by snoring.

I've been fairly decent, albeit undead. Moved out from my mom's basement and out on my own. Working 70 hours a pay period.