Chubbychannel
Spam Thread - Printable Version

+- Chubbychannel (http://www.chubbychannel.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Home (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: The Couch (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Spam Thread (/thread-2.html)

RE: Spam Thread - Lizzy - 07-26-2014 05:59 AM

I like how the VHS case had a keyhole on the side.

It was almost as cool as orange VHS tapes. Almost.

RE: Spam Thread - neo_ozon - 07-26-2014 07:15 AM

(07-26-2014 05:59 AM)Lizzy Wrote:  I like how the VHS case had a keyhole on the side.

It was almost as cool as orange VHS tapes. Almost.

I remember that the vhs tape came with an offer to get irl toy versions of the characters
[Image: $_3.JPG]
Hopefully i can get them all at some point

RE: Spam Thread - Odin - 07-26-2014 07:26 AM

Never actually did see that movie.

Remember hearing a little about it though.

RE: Spam Thread - neo_ozon - 07-26-2014 07:51 AM

It's very good, well worth your time

RE: Spam Thread - neo_ozon - 07-26-2014 11:57 PM

So Bionicle is coming back apparently
[Image: 1406381897306_zpsc0467952.jpg]

RE: Spam Thread - Odin - 07-27-2014 02:13 AM

Eh.

If you ask me Bionicle kinda ruined Lego to begin with. Instead of making sandboxy creative sets they were making basically figurine kits that weren't very compatible with the rest of the bricks and couldn't be easily recycled without looking awkward.

RE: Spam Thread - Marechal des logis Daedalus - 07-27-2014 06:21 AM

(07-27-2014 02:13 AM)Odin Wrote:  Eh.

If you ask me Bionicle kinda ruined Lego to begin with. Instead of making sandboxy creative sets they were making basically figurine kits that weren't very compatible with the rest of the bricks and couldn't be easily recycled without looking awkward.

I thought the exact same thing when Bionicle was released in 2001, that action figures were for "story-tellers" and Lego was for "builders" and that somehow Lego had betrayed us, even though their regular kits were still available.

Apparently however the kits sold very well and brought the Lego Group out of a financial crisis which began in the late 1990s. I suppose having a more diverse choice of toys in their product line made them able to appeal to more children.

RE: Spam Thread - Lizzy - 07-27-2014 07:08 AM

I used to get Bionicle comic books in the mail, and a LEGO magazine. I also used to own the blue and black Toa.

Those little codes in their masks were a good marketing ploy, but the McDonald's toys had the same masks and codes.

RE: Spam Thread - Odin - 07-27-2014 07:59 AM

Always bothered me as well- what became of mindstorms?

I was building robots in Legos before that was a thing, using mechanical cam-driven systems to control them.

But then I got to play with the first generation mindstorms shortly before Bionicle became a big thing, and haven't seen them ever since.

RE: Spam Thread - neo_ozon - 07-27-2014 09:46 AM

Jesus Christ, they're releasing ANOTHER Step Up movie.......