Chubbychannel
Spam Thread - Printable Version

+- Chubbychannel (http://www.chubbychannel.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Home (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: The Couch (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Spam Thread (/thread-2.html)

RE: Spam Thread - Blubberbutt - 09-15-2017 05:07 AM

(09-03-2017 10:26 AM)Odin Wrote:  I was going to ask if you were still in the Ithaca area. Ithaca commons is apparently quite the hot spot for playing pokemon go, all the pokestops and gyms in a public-accessible place with other people around to do the larger raids with. We've gone up there a few times now to farm items since the spots near us get somewhat lean.

Market Street in Corning is also a good spot for farming i've found, again because people and pokestops in the same place and same time.

Have you ever heard of Alexander NY? Its maybe an hour out from Buffalo. Next week I'll be there September 7-10 aboard a 1915 Frick Eclipse steam tractor. Going to have some fun with that.

http://alexandersteamshow.com/ is their info.

I stopped playing GO a few weeks after it released, they had some update that my phone couldn't handle and it crashed each time I tried to load it. I did happen to go up to the commons not long after it was out for other reasons, and yeah it was pretty packed of kids on their phones lol

As for Alexander, haven't BEEN there but we used to pass through it on the way to Shippos house from Ithaca.

RE: Spam Thread - kawaiiChiimera - 10-02-2017 01:46 PM

Blubber, dem legz tho. Also sup, its been a while.

RE: Spam Thread - Skipper - 11-24-2017 02:08 AM

Happy Thanksgiving, folks!

RE: Spam Thread - R. Fresco - 11-24-2017 02:45 PM

Ye happy thanksgiving everyone!

RE: Spam Thread - Marechal des logis Daedalus - 12-18-2017 05:15 AM

Hey I was just thinking: does anyone else remember the community of the Animexpansion forums as being not particularly great even at its peak? It was supposed to be for the discussion of anime-related fat and inflation fetish material, but the only thing inflating seemed to be the egos of teenagers carving out their identities and people in their 20s having self-important irrelevant conversations about who was the most special of the special snowflakes.

It appeared to be something like 95% of that and perhaps only 5% fetish material, or am I misremembering?

RE: Spam Thread - Odin - 01-01-2018 11:55 AM

Last post of 2017 for sure. Hopefully 2018 sees some life returning to this place.

RE: Spam Thread - Blubberbutt - 01-03-2018 04:32 AM

(12-18-2017 05:15 AM)Marechal des logis Daedalus Wrote:  Hey I was just thinking: does anyone else remember the community of the Animexpansion forums as being not particularly great even at its peak? It was supposed to be for the discussion of anime-related fat and inflation fetish material, but the only thing inflating seemed to be the egos of teenagers carving out their identities and people in their 20s having self-important irrelevant conversations about who was the most special of the special snowflakes.

It appeared to be something like 95% of that and perhaps only 5% fetish material, or am I misremembering?

I was actually just reflecting on pawg the other day (which is what lead me to coming and checking back here) and other things.

You're kinda right.
Like for sure it felt like most of the activity was in the spam thread/forum, but there were people consistently posting fatty stuff, just there were always the "gatekeepers" that would get pissy if you posted stuff they didn't like, which meant a lot of stuff didn't get posted, or just got posted the spam thread.

There was a lot of unnecessary drama (I didn't help in that regards, but mine was mostly reactionary instead of causing it on purpose, outside of the one time) because of egos clashing and people thinking that because they were an admin/mod on a fairly busy board, they were suddenly important and infallible.

There were good times and bad times, it felt like up to about 2007-2008 it wasn't super bad, there were more good than bad times for sure. But then A LOT of good people left and people like me and other dramawhores overwhelmed the normal people, and things just never got better.

RE: Spam Thread - Odin - 01-04-2018 01:18 PM

I should post more fats now that you mention it. Haven't added any in a while, and I know I am constantly stashing away the good stuff encountered in my travels.

RE: Spam Thread - Blubberbutt - 01-09-2018 12:47 AM

(01-04-2018 01:18 PM)Odin Wrote:  I should post more fats now that you mention it. Haven't added any in a while, and I know I am constantly stashing away the good stuff encountered in my travels.

I would too but it's usually stuff you find already on DA/FA/Tumblr/Twitter so most stuff that would be unique to here would be something we made ourselves now a days. Everyone just sticks to those sites anyway it seems like.

It's like what I was saying a few years ago, forums are not popular anymore and I feel like if you want this place to be relevant still, we should get on the tumblr/twitter thing, and maybe that'd bring people here, if we want to just hang out and be friends we're fine just having the forum, but with everyone else kinda fading away from the forums, the IRC or a discord server seems like the final options to keep people together.

RE: Spam Thread - Odin - 01-11-2018 05:26 AM

IRC isn't doing much better than the forum is. I don't like discord, and only use it for people who are incapable of using IRC for one reason or another.

Unfortunately, social media has consumed everything that we once enjoyed, and all that remains outside of it is shells full of memories.