Chubbychannel
Spam Thread - Printable Version

+- Chubbychannel (http://www.chubbychannel.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Home (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: The Couch (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Spam Thread (/thread-2.html)

RE: Spam Thread - Chaos - 04-25-2014 03:14 PM

(04-25-2014 01:19 PM)Rakko Wrote:  
(04-25-2014 11:46 AM)Odin Wrote:  
(04-25-2014 11:32 AM)Froot-Loup Wrote:  
(04-25-2014 11:08 AM)Chaos Wrote:  
(04-25-2014 10:50 AM)neo_ozon Wrote:  Maybe it was "implied" rape?

If old man Odin doesn't see it as such, then it's likely not as bad as Rakko's making it out to be. That's why I had his post in mine.

No offense to Odin or anything, but I always see him as more a technical-minded person, and not so much as an interpreter of art, writing, symbolism, etc.

Well yeah. But what is directly shown in the anime is very clearly a case of verbal and physical abuse, going as far as torture and brainwashing.

There wasn't really even implied rape- they brainwashed her into being their super soldier and used the same power that made her a combatant to keep control of her mind. Thats why when she went into battle in that configuration, she was followed by someone equipped to dispose of her if she broke free.

Try not to to drop spoilers here, but that's how I see it.

You call her fondling and fingering her daughter "not rape"? Mkay. I really have no idea what kind of definitions you're operating under, but as far as I'm concerened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VBzvId7APY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQjs6rGsrLY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNLy1eDs3fc

These are all rape. Keep in mind both of them loathe their mother, she's just a superhuman killing machine that would torture and probably kill them if they resisted.

Its still rape.

And Nexis, changing your theme because you find something morally offensive isn't being a pussy, its standing up for your beliefs. If you're uncomfortable with it, then change it.

There's other words that mean unwanted touching, rape is usually interpreted with forced penetration, you have a good vocabulary, use it. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it doesn't happen and shouldn't be allowed in media, hell, them seeing it happen to someone else would make them feel like they're alone in whatever is happening to them and less enough as trash enough to do something to stop what's being done.
When it gets down to it, they're skippable scenes, in a series that you mostly like. Not watching it won't do anything since you're likely watching it on Youtube or something. Standing up against a couple softcore invasion of personal space and torture scenes won't do anything except make you feel superior or something.

It's being a pussy if you change your wanting to show a character you off that you like because something happened elsewhere and changing it wouldn't really matter at all because it will look like you look like rape for like a goofy ass character.

RE: Spam Thread - Ulfric Blackheart - 04-25-2014 04:09 PM

The more of this thread I read the more I want to watch this.....I am an awful person.

RE: Spam Thread - neo_ozon - 04-25-2014 09:25 PM

There's a woman on youtube that is so brain dead that she thinks type faces are nerdy......

RE: Spam Thread - Odin - 04-25-2014 10:23 PM

Thats what I was getting at as well. Possibly molestation, definitely inappropriate contact. But rape? No. She almost certainly still had her purity, there was never actual rape involved.

Also there's a cultural difference going on too. It seems to be a common thing in Anime for family members to bathe together, clothing optional. Usually it leads into similar events- people being awkward.

RE: Spam Thread - Rakko - 04-26-2014 12:08 AM

(04-25-2014 10:23 PM)Odin Wrote:  Thats what I was getting at as well. Possibly molestation, definitely inappropriate contact. But rape? No. She almost certainly still had her purity, there was never actual rape involved.

Also there's a cultural difference going on too. It seems to be a common thing in Anime for family members to bathe together, clothing optional. Usually it leads into similar events- people being awkward.

I...don't even understand what you're trying to demonstrate here. Are you claiming that the sexual abuse is somehow "lessened" because she wasn't penetrated? Because let me inform you, that's not how psychology works. Being repeatedly assaulted, penetrative or otherwise, is just as damaging to someone's mental state and leaves just as many scars. No one cares if her "purity" is intact.

And no, this is not something that "just happens" in Japanese culture. A mother repeatedly molesting her daughter is not acceptable. And that's not all that happens, if you did more than watch the first clip. Either way, no, its not acceptable. Rape is traumatic to everyone, everywhere. It doesn't matter what culture you're from.

@Chaos:
This is fanservice. Its played up as fanservice, its displayed in a sexualized way. Its not there to empower rape victims, its there so people can get off on the trauma of destroying someone else mentally by violating them against their will.

RE: Spam Thread - neo_ozon - 04-26-2014 02:41 AM

Whelp, I'm giving Zoosk another go after a bad experience some years ago. Hopefully it'll be a more fruitful venture then plenty of fish

RE: Spam Thread - Ulfric Blackheart - 04-26-2014 02:44 AM

Best of luck there bunnyboy :/

RE: Spam Thread - Froot-Loup - 04-26-2014 03:31 AM

After watching those YouTube clips... it definitely looks very pointlessly traumatic... :x And it's out of context but from what you all seem to say it doesn't really serve any narrative importance in a way where it couldn't be replaced by a less sexual and disturbing scenario.

(04-25-2014 09:25 PM)neo_ozon Wrote:  There's a woman on youtube that is so brain dead that she thinks type faces are nerdy......

Helvetica >>>> Pretty much all other fonts >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Comic Sans

RE: Spam Thread - Chaos - 04-26-2014 06:47 AM

(04-26-2014 12:08 AM)Rakko Wrote:  
(04-25-2014 10:23 PM)Odin Wrote:  Thats what I was getting at as well. Possibly molestation, definitely inappropriate contact. But rape? No. She almost certainly still had her purity, there was never actual rape involved.

I...don't even understand what you're trying to demonstrate here. Are you claiming that the sexual abuse is somehow "lessened" because she wasn't penetrated? Because let me inform you, that's not how psychology works. Being repeatedly assaulted, penetrative or otherwise, is just as damaging to someone's mental state and leaves just as many scars. No one cares if her "purity" is intact.

And no, this is not something that "just happens" in Japanese culture. A mother repeatedly molesting her daughter is not acceptable. And that's not all that happens, if you did more than watch the first clip. Either way, no, its not acceptable. Rape is traumatic to everyone, everywhere. It doesn't matter what culture you're from.

@Chaos:
This is fanservice. Its played up as fanservice, its displayed in a sexualized way. Its not there to empower rape victims, its there so people can get off on the trauma of destroying someone else mentally by violating them against their will.

Yes, and that's probably what a lot of people enjoy in Japan, trying to get everyone to stop watching something they're watching for free outside of Japan's not gonna do anything, especially with them liking most of the series, hell, it's not like the bitch doesn't get her comeuppance.

This whole thing just makes me think about everyone that keeps calling Ock taking over Peters body rape.

(04-26-2014 02:41 AM)neo_ozon Wrote:  Whelp, I'm giving Zoosk another go after a bad experience some years ago. Hopefully it'll be a more fruitful venture then plenty of fish

[Image: Mr_Mackey.jpg]

Drugs are bad, mmkay?

RE: Spam Thread - Rakko - 04-26-2014 07:23 AM

(04-26-2014 06:47 AM)Chaos Wrote:  Yes, and that's probably what a lot of people enjoy in Japan, trying to get everyone to stop watching something they're watching for free outside of Japan's not gonna do anything, especially with them liking most of the series, hell, it's not like the bitch doesn't get her comeuppance.

This whole thing just makes me think about everyone that keeps calling Ock taking over Peters body rape.

And that somehow justifies its existence? A bunch of people get off on rape so its ok?

Sorry, I don't buy that.