Chubbychannel
Spam Thread - Printable Version

+- Chubbychannel (http://www.chubbychannel.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Home (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: The Couch (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Spam Thread (/thread-2.html)

RE: Spam Thread - neo_ozon - 06-14-2015 08:15 AM

Two days until the full reveal of the new interpretation of Doom. It's going to be really, really weird because Bethesda's literally "reinventing the wheel" and I'm not sure if the fore-father of the FPS as we know it can really be held to the same standards as modern shooters. I mean the the genre has drastically changed in the past 20 something years since it's initial release (I really don't count Doom 3 because that was a full-blown reboot and in my opinion not nearly as memorable as the first two games aside from the completely shit flashlight)

RE: Spam Thread - Odin - 06-14-2015 09:31 AM

No faith at all in Bethesda. Especially after the Skyrim mods paywall fiasco, I don't trust them at all and will never buy a game from them again.

RE: Spam Thread - neo_ozon - 06-14-2015 09:37 AM

(06-14-2015 09:31 AM)Odin Wrote:  No faith at all in Bethesda. Especially after the Skyrim mods paywall fiasco
But wasn't that moreso Valve's fault than Bethesda's?

RE: Spam Thread - Odin - 06-14-2015 02:29 PM

(06-14-2015 09:37 AM)neo_ozon Wrote:  
(06-14-2015 09:31 AM)Odin Wrote:  No faith at all in Bethesda. Especially after the Skyrim mods paywall fiasco

Bethesda was getting a pretty big cut of it too. Valve was just providing the means to collect it.

There was no reason at all for Bethesda to get a cut of the sales, while valve at least had bandwidth and server costs to cover using their percentage.

RE: Spam Thread - Ulfric Blackheart - 06-19-2015 05:09 AM

Had the best two weeks of my life when my gf flew over....two weeks of nothing but dining, watching tv, chilling out on the beach, and enjoying eachothers company with hours and hours of conversation.....yeah....I'mma marry this one....And shut up, this will be the last time I say that about someone! >.<

On a side note that some of you may find interesting, a 26 episode first season reboot of Reboot has been greenlit.

RE: Spam Thread - kawaiiChiimera - 06-19-2015 06:56 AM

(06-14-2015 02:29 PM)Odin Wrote:  
(06-14-2015 09:37 AM)neo_ozon Wrote:  

Bethesda was getting a pretty big cut of it too. Valve was just providing the means to collect it.

There was no reason at all for Bethesda to get a cut of the sales, while valve at least had bandwidth and server costs to cover using their percentage.

http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/games/fallout-4-interview-mit-entwickler-todd-howard-a-1039395.html

No paid mods.

RE: Spam Thread - neo_ozon - 06-19-2015 08:47 AM

Ended up in the ghetto for about 10-15 minutes today by complete accident. Bleak doesn't even begin to describe it

RE: Spam Thread - Ulfric Blackheart - 06-19-2015 12:36 PM

I swear I am so close to setting up a gofundme to help pay my child support and fix my car so I can get to and from work but my pride is getting in the way....serious thoughts guys?

RE: Spam Thread - Odin - 06-19-2015 01:04 PM

Now that site does look interesting. They even have a section to fundraise for wedding related expenses.

Maybe I could get to ride the railroad after all, I only need $120 per person to get tickets.

RE: Spam Thread - Ulfric Blackheart - 06-19-2015 01:44 PM

A friend of mine talked me into it after telling me to shove my pride up my ass....

http://www.gofundme.com/xd2tck

Feel free to share that link with anyone who has more money than they know what to do with.